X350 Premium Battery Issue?

Discussion in 'Walkera Help!' started by theboatbldr, Apr 2, 2018.

1. theboatbldr

theboatbldr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello All,

New to the forum so forgive if an ignorant or repeat question...

I have several drones now, my first a x350 pro, a couple storm racing drones, and now a X350 Premium (heavy sucker). I had no issues with the new X350 Premium - flew for 20 min or so and brought back down. I have no problems with the drone, but do have a concern with the battery.

The battery charged properly, with all indicators and balancing done without issues. Performed well in flight, but upon shutting down the drone, the large red LED indicator remains on??? I have cycled the power button a couple times (green charge indicators show about half charge and appears ok). The electronics switch (off and on) have no effect on the red LED.

Current cell readings:
    Battery 30.45
    Cell 1 / 3.799
    Cell 2-8 / 3.802 - 3.805

As this is a lipo battery, particularly an 8s, any power indicator light that I can't get to go off, concerns me. Battery is not hot or showing any distress, but worries me - suggestions? Anyone had this issue before?

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    You have a broken On / Off switch.

Return it to the seller. The battery will self discharge Cell 1 and slowly kill that cell.

3. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    I assume that you charged the battery correctly? With the switch to on and the cells powered up?

The Red light will be bright if it is powered up but will be dull if only the Switch is set to on.

4. theboatbldr

theboatbldr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep, caught it last night - couldn't sleep with a questionable lipo in the house! LOL.

You are 100% correct - just as an experiment, I connected the battery to the charger - once recognized by the charger, I turned the switch to off - no change on the charger, so I knew the switch was inop. Managed however to pull the switch plate off and repair the switch - all working now. I guess maybe the vibration of the flight dislocated the switch a bit?

Does bring up the point however, good thing it was stuck in the on position and not off - should it have gone to "off" midflight, I'm assuming it would have left me with a box of "maybe usable" parts.

Appreciate the help.

5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +405 / 13
    Glad you got it sorted.

The switch may still be a bit suspect. I would look to replace it.

Cheers