Wanna go flying but I bought a runner 250 advance

Discussion in 'Walkera Talk' started by alienspit, Jan 23, 2017.

1. alienspit

alienspit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok so I set the throttle to 6% so I dont get the flip of death. While im flying because the thottle keeps the props spinning I cant get it to come down takes to long when I lower the throttle all the way down the drone starts to wobble under low throttle. if I keep it low and wobbling it will crash. Ive gone through 100 dollars in parts contacted walkera to see if theres a firmware update for this junky flight controller they tell me nothing they dont support what they sell.. I really regret buying walkera... looking at the eachine wizard x220.. never buy walkera again.......

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +408 / 13
    If you load the Model Config for the Devo 7 in our resources section you would not have a problem.

You cant use the throttle trim to solve the FOD issue it does not work.

Cheers

3. alienspit

alienspit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I realize now that the throttle trim does not stop the FOD.... what is model config for devo 7 ? and shouldnt the devo 7 be already setup up to the runner? would you mind pointing me in the right direction I want this thing to fly so bad...

4. alienspit

alienspit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    found it I think ...I need a upo2 tool to do it? whats that

5. alienspit

alienspit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok so my transmitter didnt come with a upo2 usb tool. this opens a whole new mind blowing college edjucation by walkera... this isnt done but being sold as rtf .... walkera screwing you to the end now it seems there using sand for lube it never ends... Hey bjr981s is there an easy to follow way to fix and fly this ready to fly walkera dream? i'm so frustrated

6. alienspit

alienspit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can build a car from the ground up and drive that car for years but getting this walkera runner 250 advance ( READY TO FLY) to just fly one battery without lawn darting (not user error)this thing is a pipe dream...

7. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +408 / 13
    Just to set you strait.

There is no such thing as a Flip Of Death Bug. That is a misnomer propagated on the Web from beginners to drones that don't know how they work.

When you set the throttle in the air to 0 it stops the props. No surprise there. But being different to fixed wing a Quadcopter does not glide. So it flips and falls to the ground. No surprise there either.

Experienced pilots do not set the throttle to 0. So they have no problems. Now beginners well thats a different story.

So I created a model config you could load that uses a switch to raise the throttle but only while you are in manual mode as raising the throttle screws up GPS flight.

The Devo 7 radio is an older radio without USB so you need the tool to do an update.

It is RTF unit and you can fly it as such. Don't implement any throttle trim and don't drop the throttle to zero in flight and you will be fine.

8. alienspit

alienspit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok so what your saying is all quads when brought to zero throttle and when applying throttle that 2 motors fire before the other 2? this is normal? if thats the case then yes it's pilot error..

9. alienspit

alienspit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok so this guy is guy is not hitting zero on his throttle? he is with no fod

10. alienspit

alienspit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    google (racing drones flip of death) propagated on the Web from beginners..... hmmmm.... only one drone is mentioned does that mean all beginners bought the runner only? why havent beginners complained about any other models? I went through 4 pages of google cannot find any other brands that mention it other than a dji mention once..you sound like you have a vested interest in walkera...bad product I got it blame the pilot.... there is no fix walkera does not care!!! but keep buying those parts!!!