walkera voyager 3

Discussion in 'Walkera Help!' started by raptor1978, Jun 3, 2020.

1. raptor1978

raptor1978 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi has anybody any idea how to update/reinstall firmware for the voyager 3 i have a FCS-RX709 main controller not the FCS-RX701 and if so are there any links to software/firmware out there as the only firmware ive found is for the FCS-RX701....thanks in advance

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    Walkera never released the FW for the Voyager 3. There was never an update.

Why do you need it?

All I can suggest is to use the Email Support from their Web site. You will also need the Default Settings.

Cheers Brian

• Like Like x 1
  3. raptor1978

raptor1978 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your reply brian..I thought that may have been the case the reason I was going to try a clean install on flight controller was to eliminate the possibility that it may be a bad firmware flash as since I have had the voyager it hasn’t responded well to calibrations...I have never had a comfortable flight since owning it and wanted to get to the bottom of it so it can be used

4. raptor1978

raptor1978 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there any full param files to upload via mission planner to rule that out as I did not buy it new so can’t rule out previous owner changing any

5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    OK Firmware would be fine. If anyone changed settings with mission planner then there would be problems.

You need the correct version of MP and you cant change all the settings just some. And that in itself is risky.

Walkera have been know to ship faulty settings files. I have 2 X350 Premiums the second I received was un-flyable I compared settings with MP and corrected the faults and then it flew fine.

What do you mean that you are having trouble calibrating?

Can you advise? There is a procedure you need to follow that is not in the manual.

Cheers

6. raptor1978

raptor1978 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi sorry for the late response i have installed mission planner for diagnosis purposes and to load your flight param file you linked in an earlier post i have done a compass calibration while outdoors and everything seemed fine got 8 blue gps blinking lights ubut upon launch it seems to hover fine for a few minutes given slight correction to keep its position but then the rear led blinks like when im doing a compass calibration and it drops altitude and lands its a big improvement on my initial issue its just the led indication and loss of altitude thats bugging me the voltage from the battery is showing 31.4 v when fetch it back indoors

7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    Which Flight Param file did you load? In don't remember doing a Voyager 3 one?

Can you link it here?

It sounds like a battery setting in the param file. 31.4V is 3.925V per cell so should be OK.

To calibrate the compass completely after you do the procedure in the manual you need to Power up drone. Takeoff and yaw the drone a full 360 degrees slowly a couple of times. Land and switch off the battery. Do this 3 times and it should fine tune the compass.

Cheers

8. raptor1978

raptor1978 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    in the param file it says BATT_CAPACITY,3300 but on my battery it says 3000mah

9. raptor1978

raptor1978 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No blue GPS status LED

10. raptor1978

raptor1978 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i have just noticed while flying that the green lights on the rear of the battery flash all at the same time too