Walkera USA no longer exists......

Discussion in 'Walkera Help!' started by Douglas Pratt, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Douglas Pratt

Douglas Pratt New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I’ve seen and occasionally bought items listed on eBay from a seller calling itself Walkera. US, com, org, and any of many variations thereof, but from what I can tell, Walkera has no customer service or support anywhere in North America, if at all anywhere in the world....

Several weeks ago, a brand new A-stock Voyager 3 appeared on EBay, with an opening price of $549.— plus $50 shipping from Georgia. I threw in an opening bid, with no intention to go any higher, and guess what? Yeah and behold, I added a new Voyager 3 to the hangar for just over $600. I have a Devo f12e transmitter left over from a mothballed Tali H-500, so I was thrilled to add this one for $600,......butt....it shipped with a GoPro mount gimbal, instead of the default white globe gimbal as shown in the factory stock photos.

I wasn’t happy with this— I’ve been flying 3DR solo for the past few years, with GoPro Hero 4 Black camera— that cost me $240, because with all the cameras I own, this drone would only function with GoPro. I hated the camera— it cut out at 300 meters, while on the same day I flew my Phantom 4 two kilometers away, and still had five bars on both controller and video feed.

That Solo came a few seconds from forever ~~ I was flying over water; when the video cut out, I pushed the left stick forward until maximum altitude was reached. I set treetop and return altitude at 40 meters— always. Return trip by computer is scary enough, over water, and no signal. I had set the drone to orbit a point of interest— but when that command was executed, all I saw was a lot of water circling beneath. 300 meters is nothing, that with a powerful signal amplifier attached on the ground, and large passive antennas installed on the drone itself.......

A couple months ago, my 3DR pulled a disappearing act in a local park, less than one minute after takeoff. It stopped answering command while still in sight, then flew behind a couple of trees before we heard the sound of drone propellers hitting branches, then all was silent.

My girlfriend and I spent 3 days searching for that drone.
    Things disappear. Occurrences are rare ~~ but I can recall a handful of times when this has happened.......
    Sometimes I find something I’ve been looking for forever, in a place where I know I wouldn’t ever dream of putting it. Spare keys in the freezer, a valuable coin under the subwoofer in my bedroom (which I had never used since moving into that apartment;) large bags of wash from my son’s apartment, minutes after we finished using the laundry machines down in his basement; another incident back in high school, involving a rare coin that rolled under a tall frame bookshelf, and was never seen again........
    Transdimensualization. This is a word I coined myself, to define a shift in the tautological status of existence— of any object, person, place, or experience— describing that which the laws of nature, as presently understood, definitively prohibit their real world manifestation.
    Examples include:— polymorphosis/lycanthropy (voluntary or involuntary;) permutations of matter, spontaneous (re)generation, hypnotic progression, temporal stasis, astral projection and time dilation— à few amongst an enormously many.
    I have the science to explain in depth; I work for the government, and most of what I know about these subjects is not classified— access is open to the general public, free of charge.

My 3DR Solo became stolen property after I received a phone call from some dimwit with a Tennessee number, stating that he paid $200 to some kids walking along the road right near where my drone went down......he wouldn’t give me his name, then hung up on me.
    I reported all details of this incident to the North Providence police, the FAA, and Academy of Model Aeronautics, where I’ve been a member since 1976.

One drone I have disassembled, possibly compatible with the remains of the 3DR Solo, is a 8x+ octocopter. The Pixhawk flight controller claims to be compatible with Solo transmitter, and I have everything else needed to make it work:— 8 motors juxtaposed upon the 4 point frame. I’ll need bullet prop mount adapters for the bottom motors— I originally wanted to use DJI Lightbridge to fly the drone with my Phantom 3 or 4 transmitter, I have only the Air module, not the corresponding ground equipment, too expensive now to be worth it......

i never liked the GoPro cameras, or their interfaces. What’s left of the Solo I have now will be repurposed, and anything I can’t use will go up on eBay as a single lot. This is transmitter with backpack, 2 strong batteries, and a bad one (if you want it,) 2 sets of props (one set is Master Airscrew,) the other is factory issue, factory transmitter and flight battery charger, 3 GoPro Hero batteries with charger, one set custom 3-D printed prop wrenches, fixed gimbal (no camera angling,) new set of longer landing gear extensions. $200 for all, or trade......

i have yet to fly the new Voyager 3. After weeks of searching, I found a factory gimbal to replace the skimpy GoPro camera adapter that shipped with my new $549 Voyager 3......
    That gimbal crawled out of the woodwork— in Finland! $350 later, it’s here, but I’m still not exactly sure what it is that I bought.....
    Walkera has no customer service here in the USA. Their websites still exist, but nobody is there to answer the telephone during normal business hours, online chat is deader than all the doornails Mr. Dickens hammered into Jacob Marley’s pine box, and surely they’ll drag a chain 7 Christmases longer than the one he admonished Ebenezer Scrooge to avoid.......

And so here I ride, saddled up with 2 Walkeras amongst many. I want to get rid of the Tali H500, black body with receiver and flight contributes, lots of extra parts, 2 complete sets of props, 4 batteries (2 barely used, one New, one a bit swollen with no housing.) Dedicated charger, extra screw/cable sets. I’ll take $500 for all, reasonable trades considered.
    Email or call Doug anytime, 617-794-5782.

i can meet up near Providence or Boston— and I’ll ship anywhere in the world once I have clear funds (subject to US export restrictions.)

English, French, German, Spanish—-

i speak English; ici, on parle français : hier, sprecht Mann Deutsch; se habla espagnol.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +536 / 15
    Did you get the gimbal with or without the camera for the V3?

We can help here with advice and experience. Yes and Walkera is pretty much not doing anything in the consumer space now.

Cheers Brian

3. Douglas Pratt

Douglas Pratt New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi—
    I found the gimbal with factory camera for $350, in Finland of all places. I had a GoPro on my 3DR Solo that got stolen, but I didn’t like the GoPro at all. My Voyager 3 came with a GoPro gimbal, which I’m now planning to sell. It will be going on EBay, unless somebody here wants it. $250.