Walkera Support Basics

Discussion in 'Walkera Furious 320' started by sn8keyz, Jun 11, 2017.

1. sn8keyz

sn8keyz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Walkera Support/Forums,

I recently purchased the Furious 320 right off the Walkera website. Furious 320 GPS
    (idk what letter it is...)

I have a couple of questions, hopefully, which either the users of this forum, or better yet,
    Walkera support can help me out with.

1. How do I contact Walkera support regarding my Furious 320?
    I have emailed aftersales support twice and received no reply. Two weeks and counting...
    2. On the product page for the Furious 320, it mentions that consumers are able to
    modify the parameters of this machine.
    However, the software on their site, under Furious 320 - Downloads, is in Chinese only.
    What software do I use and where do I get it, the English version please.
    3. I have noticed that my Furious 320 only gives me 5 seconds of a warning before it immediately
    lands due to low voltage (battery depleted). No way dude. That sucks.
    Yeah, I have seen in the forum where you can set a timer on the DEVO 10.
    That is an alternative solution, not a viable one.
    How can I set the voltage warning in the software, when I do get it installed?
    The Hubsan 501SS, which is cheaper, gives you a nice warning, easy to follow and enough time to land.

I love this drone, however, I feel suckered that there is a new drone coming out (Vitus),
    and it is being splashed all over their site, but support for their original products almost doesnt exist.

As much as I love this drone already, if there is no support behind a product, I will
    ask for a refund, and save up the Draco; it is American and they are priding theirselves that
    they are going to stand behind their product(s).

Thanks,
    PR

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +305 / 10
    This has been a standard mechanism to judge battery status for all RC flying Helis, Fixed Wing and Drones for a very long time. (10 Years Plus)

You must be new to the hobby.

The 320 provides the battery voltage in the FPV display. Its there for you to judge when you need to land. It then activates a failsafe should you ignore it.

The Furious 320 is very different beast to a Vitus. There are many classifications of Multirotors. You need to choose carefully what it is you want to do.

You also need to appreciate that the ability to modify settings relates to the PIDs that allow you to customise the flight experience if you know what you are doing. It does not mean that you can change anything you like.

The best way to contact Walkera support is to via there online Chat, emailing questions that have no response will not get a reply.

Its best to ask those here.

Cheers Brian

p.s. English versions of Documentation and Software are on this site. Use search and also check our resources section. It is continually being updated.

Happy Flying.

3. sn8keyz

sn8keyz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello BJr981s,

Im fairly new to the hobby, yes.
    I have seen the receivers battery level on the Devo10, but did not see the drones.
    I will look again. Regardles, 15-30 seconds from the time the drones softwares notices it is low on voltage and the time it lands, is almost a recipe for disaster.

Please read my post again. I never made a product comparison between the 320 and the Vitus. i pointed out that it seemed to me ( and others on this forum and youtube) that support is lacking for the 320. When i go to the 320 support page, i am able o download a years old guide and download a software, that is in chinese only. Since i cannot read chinese, i dont know the name of the software.
    While i browse from the main page of the walkera site and see the Vitus marketing in full swing, then eventually navigate to the 320 support page, me and others are quite frustrated.

I would greatly appreciate a direct answer to one of my bullet points.
    I never implied or envisioned to fully modify the parameters of the drone. But, part off the furious's marketing strategy was to show that consumers do have the ability to do so.
    I would love to know the name of the software and where i can download it. but, i dont see that in your reply.

Thanks,
    PR

4. sn8keyz

sn8keyz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok,
    From this post...

Original GPS Firmware and Param Files

..i was able to determine that in order ro view the parameters and make changes, i need Mission Planner. BJr###s...can u direct me where i can download that software?

Also, do i need the QR planner software as mentioned in that previous post?

...also, from that same post, it seems that someone else was trying to modify the LV warning as well.

Can someone confirm what parameter i would change and to what?

Thx,
    PR

5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +305 / 10
    Do a google search on Mission Planner and get the software from the APM site. I normally don't do searches for people that can do it for themselves but I will make an exception in your case.

Installing Mission Planner — Mission Planner documentation

Your issue is the threshold before it activates auto-land. Changing these setting to a different value does not change the automated process.

It's your drone and you can change whatever you think you want to change. But I can assure you that it will end in tears if you change something you shouldn't.

There is no testing between HW revisions FW versions and Software Packages that are not part of the Walkera support process. Some people have success setting a configuration others don't. It often depends on the HW revision (Build Date) of that particular model.

WRT the Walkera web site: Technology in this space goes in and out of favour in 12 months. It changes faster than the tablet and smartphone business.

Support for a Drone is about 3 months then its Ends of Life as far as updates and future enhancements. It's about 2 years for parts, then they start drying up.
    Try buying parts for a DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus. Latest version 3 . There are no parts, and that is a 3 year old model.

You are not looking for normal support from Walkera for what you are attempting to do. That is not their support process. They support warranty claims, bug fixes etc. You are attempting to bypass how the model was designed. As I have already said you are confusing what the Modify settings means to these models. It's "flight Characterises" that can be modified not internal architecture or process. Do a search on PIDS. They are the configurable settings for these models.

I'm sorry that I have not been able to explain to you in a way that you have understood. This is something you will hopefully pick up with experience.

Lastly be very, very careful with MP. One wrong click and your drone is bricked.

Cheers Brian, and Good luck with your flying.

6. sn8keyz

sn8keyz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good morning Brian. I searched several times but since I'm new to the product I don't want to connect my Furious to any software off of one or two links. I wanted a concrete answer from someone who knew what they're doing. I'll take a look and download what you suggested. My tenacity with my age and my hairline is thinning. I intend to make conservator changes to a very few set of parameters.

Appreciate the follow up.

7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +305 / 10
    Come back to us if you need further assistance.

Cheers and good luck again.

8. oldking80

oldking80 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hi Sn8keyz I give you some suggestions.
    To change the drone behavior you must connect with Flyconfig. In the Raw Parameters tab, search for those "FS". A description will make you understand how to change the behavior in failsafe. You can help with Google by looking for parameters in Ardupilot.
    Greetings