Walkera Runner 250 Pro, so what is changed ?

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250 Pro' started by yazca, Nov 14, 2016.

1. yazca

yazca Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    ??

2. StillHIGH

StillHIGH Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    What hasn't been changed.

First off for those who have the Advanced version and still need to download firmware the id is 26
    Walkera official website - Walkera—The world’s most professional consumer UAV of racing
    They have removed all links to the Advanced

Second it seems this PRO version is with a new
    • powerboard
    • motors
    • GPS
    • GPS stand
    • antenna fixing
    • flight controller
    • receiver
    • video transmitter with build in osd
    • ESC
    And looking at the basic for only 399 usd it seems to be cheaper then the Advanced

Camera's yes both seems to be the same but i'm not sure as they don't provide that information.

And don't forget there support hasn't changed :)

New flight control design
    Using the new self-developed MR Drone flight control system,
    Precise flight attitude, flight stability improved.
    Support stop instantly, eliminate the drift due to inertia collision risk.

5.8G real time image transmission
    Cooperate with FPV display equipment, in high definition zero delay real-time image transmission, to enjoy the exciting first -person view flight. While flying at high speed, you can obtain real time OSD date :battery level, flying attitude, direction and flight height, feel free to fly.

Hovering design
    Using new GPS/GLONASS dual mode satellite positioning system,
    GPS hovering precision ascension,
    star search speed. Support the headless fly mode,
    can easily return home even beyond visual range

GPS hover accuracy increased
    • [​IMG]RUNNER 250R
    • [​IMG]RUNNER 250PRO
    Search speed increased
    • [​IMG]RUNNER 250R
    • [​IMG]RUNNER 250PRO
    A new upgrade of appearance
    Using RUNNER250 series cool appearance, the optimization of comprehensive, enhance airframe strength,
    reduce the volume and reduce resistance.

Carbon fiber material
    Perfect combination of carbon fiber material. Using solid machine arm, battery compartment carbon fiber double blank thickness, core parts in metal fixed pieces, better protection for electronic components.Strong resistance to fall off, more durable.
    • [​IMG]

Simplified design
    fuselage structure of compact, by reducing the height of the fuselage, battery center position, and make aircraft attitude change more flowing freely.simplified head design, reduce excess weight.

• [​IMG]
    Signal transmission smoothly
    figure the antenna position adjustment to the tail, to guarantee the signal flow transmission.

• [​IMG]
    Intelligent direction warning lamp design
    Considering the player’s flight safety, the designer reference to auto lighting system, equip RUNNER 250 PRO with automatic flight headlights. Front automatic running lights can illuminate the road ahead, convenient to traffic.Two taillights default to red, used for unlock and GPS lamp. Yellow lamp can give direction when turning. Designed for Security consideration, but unexpected beautiful.

Spec
    Aircraft
    Main Rotor Dia
    143mm
    Overall (L x W x H) 221x205x117mm
    Weight 464g(Battery excluded)
    Remote Controller DEVO 7
    Receiver DEVO-RX717
    Main Controller FCS-250
    Transmitter TX5834(FCC)/TX5835(CE)(OSD included)
    Brushless Motor WK-WS-28-014A(CW/CCW)
    Brushless ESC F210 ESC
    Battery 11.1V 2200mAh 25C 3S Li-Po
    Flight Time 10~12mins
    Working Temperature -10℃~+40℃

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +341 / 12
    The answer as Stillhigh has pointed out is heaps.

But the most important is what I have been raving about since I joined this Forum.

Walkera provide proprietary Models with their own proprietary FW.

Even though they are based on Generic open source they are heavily customised by Walkera.

I spend lots of time here helping people recover their models as they make setting changes, burn generic FW as they don't read the manuals supplied correctly and assume you can treat a Walkera model like a cheaper generic model. This generates customer dissatisfaction.

Walkera are slowly introduces their own complete firmware called MR Drone.

This will slowly overtake their entire range and will provide the stability (like DJI) to their models as the end user will not be able to inadvertently break it.

As you can see from the specs above this also means that Walkera can use chips that they design and manufacture to improve performance. Walkera have been building their own electronics since they started building helicopters.

Cheers Brian

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blackroadster

Blackroadster Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    So basicly I bought 1st generation and financed Walkera's R/D to build what I thought I was buying the first time. I will be waiting a while before jumping in on another Walkera before it's been reviewed! If this 250 pro is the Holy Grail of precision problem free racing, I'll check it out.
    The market has some no problem cheaper 250's, so I really need a true winner this time out the gate. In the mean time I will try again to deal with my continuing FC issues and spend some time just DJI-3ing some photography That what I have to do when I'm frustrated with Walkera 250 R loaded unreliable racer, I have to say that when working, it does hoover nicely, bump somebody and crash and you have to flash the FC??? sometimes.
    No conversion to a pro, huh, everything including the actual frame different? Thanks you really know your stuff. Walkera should be paying you and Still high for all the information you provide that they can't seem to articulate to their customer base. You guys are the Forum, THANKS look forward to next purusal of this site as I still have to keep pace and keep mine in the air. Good day to you mate!

5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +341 / 12
    I have the new Pro now and it is a brilliant machine.

I am going to do a write up of my first impressions. I will create a new thread for this; I will make it a sticky and open and close it as I add more information.

I will create a second thread for people to comment and ask questions so it stays nice and neat.

I am so impressed with this machine that I am going to the trouble of documenting it in detail.

I have had a couple of quick flys but the weather has been bad. Raining.

The one biggest thing I notice is that Walkera have improved the Barometer and the GPS system significantly.

It locks solid like its bigger brothers. Walkera Voyager, Walkera QR X350 Premium that also have dual GPS.

It now locks solid at its altitude. I even did a hands off hover in the house under my Air-conditioning ducted outlet to put it to a stress test. It was perfect.

Standby for more information in a review.

Cheers Brian

• Like Like x 3
  6. Blackroadster

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Sounds like a plan! I look forward to following the thread. My new question is, Is anyone looking for a very nice yet sometimes confused 250 R Advanced GPS / OSD 1080 64gb slot with lots of new spare parts in there packaging?
    If there's a faster pussy cat out there, then I need one.
    Please let us know all the pro's & con's and if Walkera's been good, I might give them a chance to square with me. LOL
    Good Luck with your 250 Pro! Details please------------go fly quickly!!!

7. Blackroadster

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Just had a good look at the PRO, Still Looks Borg, but it's clear that the success of there other quads has influencenced the PRO's look. Still using 2200 mahv11.1 batteries and Devo 7 Tx.The weight looks about the same, but I see there using the F210 14a ESC's. Overall it looks sufficiently stronger w/re to near misses and crashes, the design also provides better protection for the antennas, looks much better too, hope this is a winner, winner chicken dinner!

8. tdkflorida

tdkflorida Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi Brian, I just bought the Pro and expect to have it in hand on Friday.

I also bought the DEVO F12E Controller, so that i could use FPV.

I've updated the firmware on the controller to Professional and I've change throttle curve settings according to what people are saying about the Flip of Death.

Does this bird and controller need to be configuredto prevent this the Flip of Death from occuring?

What values should I have in my controller to get the best performance out of my rig?

Thanks for your assistance.

TDKFLORIDA

9. Blackroadster

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Hello TDKFL or Neighbor in my case, Welcome Aboard! looking forward to your posts regarding your new 250 PRO. Have lots of ?'s, but I'll wait until you have some fly time on your machine. Happy flying!

10. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +341 / 12

Good choice. I love mine.

Good choice on the F12E as well. Did you get the White One? I love the white one I have 4. :eek:

Don't change any settings other than to program the defaults on the F12E. If you bought separately. I will program up a Pro Config and post for you if you like.

Do not listen to any advice on changing runner pro settings undo the settings on you F12E. This is a completely new bird only the names is the same.

The Pro when armed spins the props. It does not suffer from any FOD issues natively. Yep ain't that great.

Also the manual and GPS throttle settings are synced so no sudden drops or zooms when changing between the 2.

Cheers Brian