Walkera Runner 250 Pro Review

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250 Pro' started by bjr981s, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +353 / 13
    Runner 250 Pro Review and Lifecycle.

Walkera recently announce the new Runner 250 Pro. You can read the specs on their Web site here.

WALKERA - Runner 250 PRO

This review is not about the specs. This review is about what the specs mean to you and me, and how it makes this new model something quite extraordinary.

So here is the usual whats in the box. So I do whats in the box on my kitchen floor and yes I do have astroturf on my kitchen floor. :rolleyes: The weather here has ben pretty bad for the last week It either been thunderstorms and rain or that hot if I go outside my shoes start to melt to the pavement. So the first flights have been a quickies outside in the early morning or a nice fly around inside my house. I have taken a quick video from the model flying in my kitchen I will Edit to up and post it in the next post.

So here it is:

Unbox1.JPG

Unbox2.JPG

Unbox3.jpg

You can Ask why I have a section of Astroturf in my kitchen in the Q and A thread. :p

So here are a few really salient points that makes this a major step up from the Runner 250(R)

• It looks much cooler. :cool: Had to throw that in.
    • I will talk about the new engineering in a later post, now thats very cool.:cool::cool:
    • The Arm command starts the Motors. So no more FOD ever. Woo Hoo.:D
    • The barometer has been fixed. Its locks the altitude now, further info next post.;)
    • The new calibration process. This is one of the greatest achievements.:) info next post
    • The new GPS and Manual flight modes Throttle sync. Hmmm nice. Yes future post.
    • And of Course the new Walkera High Power and Smart MR Drone flight controller HW and FW.

One thing I have found as a moderator here is too much information in a single post is too much to absorb at the one time. So this will be one post of many.

Q and A on this review will be dealt with in the parallel Q and A Thread.

Cheers Brian.

p.s.

Did I mention that:
    • It looks much cooler. :cool: :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 2
  2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +353 / 13
    So here we are with the next part of the review.

This Video is documenting the testing of the MR Drone Flight Controller used in the Runner Pro.

For those of us members that owned / owns a Runner 250 Advanced we all know the barometer in it had issues and it did have difficulty maintaining its altitude lock.

The good news is the Runner Pro has an outstanding Altitude lock This is the First flight indoors under an air conditioning outlet running full fan speed and max cooling. So it puts the barometer altitude lock to the test in adverse conditions. I have also flown it outdoors in reasonably windy conditions and the altitude lock is not effected like the Runner Advanced was by gusty wind.

Enjoy the Video.

Please place any comments or Questions in this Q&A Thread.

Walkera Runner 250 Pro Review Q&A

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.