Walkera Runner 250 advanced problems please help

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250' started by Larry, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Larry

Larry New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I purchased a walkera runner 250 advanced about 3 weeks ago and i have had nothing but issues. No the common ones like the flip of death. I was familiar with this going in and have throttle set to compensate. The issue i am having is the quad doesn't lift of the ground until nearly 50% throttle and will not maintain elevation. constant throttle adjustments done and never stays in the air. It will also randomly get boosts of throttle even though im not increasing. always end in a crash. loses control and does whatever it wants. please help!!

2. boost

boost Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Calibration sounds like the first thing Id check.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    If it's an R Start in manual mode not GPS mode. You need to calibrate the drone and fly in in manual for a couple of flights. You need to slowly yaw the drone around full circles slowly for it to complete its calibration. Only then can you fly in GPS mode.

If
    it's a standard. Make sure that you have the switches for advanced flight modes all up. Also make sure that then switches are programmed correctly in your radio. Check the Quick start guide for the Transmitter setting. If your transmitter is in default settings you will constantly crash your drone. Default settings is in helicopter Collective pitch mode and channel 6 on the radio will be linked to your throttle. So when you throttle up it will change form normal to advanced Acro flight modes by itself.

Even if it's in Airplane mode without these switches configured in the radio it will default to switch middle positions which is advanced flight modes, on the Standard and GPS flight mode on the R.

Cheers brian