Walkera Runner 250 advance - Add mission plans via a firmware upgrade

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250 Advanced / Modding Forum' started by Nicolas Marmet, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Airis

Airis New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    After PIDs adjustment Runner flying much better, but GPS hold still poor, RTH near as not working.
    Now in my Runner PID's near as Tom Hogue recommended in his 2.4 firmware.

2. spinter

spinter New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [Quote =Airis After PIDs adjustment Runner flying much better, but GPS hold still poor, RTH near as not working.
    Now in my Runner PID's near as Tom Hogue recommended in his 2.4 firmware.
    [/ QUOTE]
    you can show the values?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  3. Airis

Airis New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Sorry, I sold it ..

4. waterville

waterville New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, has anybody actually tried this upgrade to multiWii 2.4 yet?? Seems too good to be true without having to change the original bootloader. I have been following this thread and im not seeing anybody who has actually done it. I mean one guy lost his runner and another guy sold his. Come on. I would like to try it, but I would like to be sure that there are instructions on how to revert to the original factory settings.

5. spinter

spinter New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Before putting the new frimware.
    Make a screenshot of the original settings on Multiwiiconfig the two pages.
    then put the new multiwii "WalkeraRunnerKit1.16.zip"

If you have to go back, just do not install the original frimware and rewrite the original settings from the screenshots.

6. waterville

waterville New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will try this when my power is restored from hurricane irma. Im in central florida. Got hit pretty bad. I also have a ton of parts coming in the mail for a couple builds so who knows how long it will take to get here.
    Tom, if youre still following this thread, im the same guy who just replaced my main board. If anyone needs any parts for their runner, he's the guy to contact. He helped me a ton! Thanks Tom!

7. ayeosq

ayeosq New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thank you for your firmware. My quad hasn't been able to arm since I tried the original update from the Walkera website.

After trying your steps, I encounter several issue such as:
    1) GPS on the multiwii doesn't get fixed, no lat/lon/alt, which scare the **** out of me. However, when I head outside my house, the left side LED have more than 5 continuous flash followed by a no light pause. From my reading up and understanding, this indicate more than 5 GPS is fixed.
    2)

The following are the stuff I have tried so far:

Turned on my controller and ensured that my controller trim are neutral, then power up the quad. Usual beep and motor twitched and beeping stops.

Have 5 blink on my left led and no light on my right, which should indicate the number of GPS satellites fixed.

Tried to calibrate compass/gyro/accelerometer. Compass and gyro have no effect even when the joystick combination is used, no change in LED blinking or beeping. The accelerometer calibration resulted in the right led blink continuously with beeping and went off completely after a while.

Armed the motor, no motor spin observed on the rear motor, increase throttle, all motor started to spin.

Begin flying, and the following are observed:
    1) Fly up to about 10m and tried joystick movement, throttle/yaw/pitch/roll works accordingly.
    2) Tried to turn on GPS hold, drone drifted significantly.
    3) When only playing with roll and pitch, the quad will at times drop to the ground, hence an increase of throttle to send it back up is required, then a throttle reduce to make sure it doesn’t get too high.

Can anyone advice me on what have I done wrong?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  8. thunder236

thunder236 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome. I have WalkeraRunnerKit1.16 installed on my Walkera runner 250 upgraded with gps and baro and OSD R. Thanks for that project. I will test it. Everything sims ok, but OSD voltage is wrong. It starting from 0,5 when battery plugged and groove up. Please tell me how do that, i searched toons of web pages. Know a little about VBATSCALE but cant figure it out. 5.png 7.png
    Also I have bluetooth BLE HM-10 and USBasp ISP programmer and cant find how to program ble. Please for help with my runner.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  9. thunder236

thunder236 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

no one help?

10. thunder236

thunder236 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    and no one? People,please. I am still fighting with this in my runner and cant do it. next night with this. Any one? Please.