Walkera Rodeo 150 Problems, Bugs, Issues thread

Discussion in 'Walkera Rodeo 150' started by dascrow, Jun 15, 2016.

1. dascrow

dascrow Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Post up all of your Walkera Rodeo 150 Problems, Bugs, Issues, Solutions here!

2. TheBookMan

TheBookMan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just got the Rodeo 150 and have a problem where the Devo 7 wont allow me to lock the props (left stick pushed to bottom right and held). The only solution is to power down the TX which isn't ideal when your a rookie. Please help

3. TheBookMan

TheBookMan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just noticed that when the quad first binds with tx and i push to the throttle to right i do get feedback via the correct number of beeps (2 i think). So i'm thinking the trims must be ok. Any more ideas please.

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +429 / 13
    I do not know what the 2 beeps indicate.

5. TheBookMan

TheBookMan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The 2 beeps means the motors are locked. This will only works when i first bind the tx, I thought i would just try it before i unlock it. So i can unlock the motors to start them idling but then i cant unlock, so have to power down the receiver then unplug/plug the battery (on the quad) to bind again. Hope that makes sense?

6. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +429 / 13
    So what is the beep/s that should sound for lock???

Do you have the trims at 0?

7. TheBookMan

TheBookMan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    For anyone else who has this problem and i know there are some, here is bjr981s answer which has solved this serious problem. Thank you very much Brian:

"So if you have left trim still on the controller it will not let you get full deflection to the right so it will not let you lock the motors.

If you set the trim back to 0 you will see that you can lock and unlock the motors.

If you want to trim in flight and still be able to lock and unlock you will need to extend the travel on the Rudder channel. (I assume its rudder that needs to go left and right??)

To do this on the Devo 7.

Press enter.

You will get the menu on the top left of the screen. Use the up / down buttons to select Function

Use the Left up down buttons to scroll down to TRVAD that is servo travel adjustment.

Press enter.

It will Show Elevator first. use the left up down buttons to select RUDD top L 100% bottom.

You should then see L 100.0% flashing. Use the right R L buttons to change this to L 130%.

Use the Left down button to select RUDD R 100.0%. Use the right R L buttons to change this to R 130%.

Press EXT three times.

You now have the rudder channel operating between 130% Left to 130% right.

It has to hit >= 100% left and right to arm / disarm. This will give you 30% trim movement and still be able to arm disarm.

NOTE this will also make the Rudder more responsive. Beware.

Cheers Brian"

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheBookMan

TheBookMan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've heard there is a difference between the white rodeo (which i have) and the gold/black one.

Whereas the white one has an idle mode and the other doesn't: throttle stick at zero, motors off until you push the stick up.

Or is there a way to override the idle mode which i think is a very bad idea. My props are really sheared at the ends from sudden crashes where the props are still rotating etc

9. Dano

Dano New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm new to drones, so this might not be a problem, but my understanding is if the MIX switch is in acro it should not self level? Mine still self levels in all settings. I can't tell the difference between acro, manual, and self leveling flight with the pitch/roll (right side of mode 2) controller.

Edit: Never mind, ouch did I crash it hard! For some reason today the MIX switch works. I bent up one of the antennas :( I couldn't even take off in rate mode! On my quad, when I take off, the back props always seem to lag, once it's in the air it's okay so I don't think it's the trim. Anyhow on take off normally I have to pitch forward a then when i throttle up then let it back. It's like impossible to do now in rate mode! I'm happy the switch works, but now the lagging back props is more of an issue to me.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  10. Dano

Dano New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have the white rodeo and had the same problem. There also seems to be a delay before the props stopped too when I tried to disarm it. Anyhow I was able to disable the idle props with software called clean flight. It's runs as a plugin for chrome.