Walkera Goggle 4

Discussion in 'Walkera Cameras/Videos' started by hobbyisa, May 30, 2016.

1. AXIOM72

AXIOM72 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Yeah I remember you recommended those, and I'm still considering them also. How can I see if mine is a Band B TX or 40 channel..

Thx...

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    I dont know until you tell me what model quad you are talking about.

3. AXIOM72

AXIOM72 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Oops my bad I'm so used to the f210 thread. That's what I have, the F210. It should be Band B, if I remember.

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    Yes it is. If you upgrade to the 40Ch Vtx it will work fine with Fatshark.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  5. StevenB

StevenB New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also spent lots of time choosing Goggles. Not cheap device and it was really difficult to choose a worthy one. I currently own two drones Voyager 4 and DJI Mavic Pro. The first is really cool but a little bit bulky for me. more often I use mavic because I travel a lot and this drone takes less space. For that reason, I needed goggles that can be compatible with a drone I use more often. I bought DJI Goggles from Buy DJI DJI Goggles in Dubai, UAE Of course, they are a little bit pricy but I don't regret about my purchase. They are really great: 1920×1080 HD screens and a head tracking feature. The touchpad is integrated into goggles. They are quite easy to navigate.
    In any case, goggles are really great, a cool device allowing to feel like a bird!

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    Yes they are good but no functions work on anything other than the Mavic Pro. The HDMI input allows you to view anything that has a HDMI output from the remote or ground station but that gets a bit tricky. I have 2 Mavic Pros and two sets of these goggles. So I can go racing with a friend. The 7klm range is outstanding.

But they are DJI Occusync and will not work with normal 5.8Ghz VTXs.

To get them to work you need to use a ground station device that has HDMI out. And this will not be a 5.8g 40 ch etc RX monitors. They have HDMI but most are only HDMI in. A dedicated ground station unit is required.

Cheers Brian

7. Sob

Sob Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What would you recommend right now I have the tovsto, vivid goggles it has a 7 inch screen but no dvr, our diversity, I do where eye glasses, my glasses our pretty small, but I was thinking about eachine, dr, v2, pro, our eachine goggle 2, our do you no if they are gonna come out with eachine goggle 3, I also saw sky zone sjvo1, kinda hard to find a decent pair wherein eye glasses.

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    Are you long or short sighted?

If long sighted and you need reading glasses any binocular will be fine without your glasses.

If you are short sighted and need distance vision glasses then get a binoccular with corrector lenses and you wont need your reading glass.

That leaves Skyzones and Fatshark's.

It is most uncomfortable wearing glass with a monocular or binocular without corrector lens.

My preference is the Skyzones.

Skyzone SKY02S V+ 3D 5.8G 48CH FPV Goggles With Transmitter Camera Head Tracking HDMI DVR

The Fatshark Diopters are the best quality and fit both Fatshark and Skyzone. Only needed them for near / short sighted people.

Fatshark FPV Goggles Diopter Lens Set of -2 -4 -6 Corrective Lenses

Cheers Brian

9. Sob

Sob Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for your reply, and the information, I am farsighted and nearsighted I think lol, I where bifocals, I was looking at the eachine vrd2pro, what do you think about them, I do low flying around trees and even fly behind me, around tree's, I no the patch antenna that comes with the eachine vrd2pro probably isn't the best, if I was to get the eachine vrd2pro would you replace the patch antenna with a better patch our go with true rc, X air, antenna, I no I will change the much room antenna to farview pagoda since that's what I have on my walkera furious 215, just not sure what to replace the patch antenna that comes with it, again thanks very much for helping me, I'm new to the hobby, still trying to sink everything in.

10. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    Ok,

If you fly behind you. Do not Install a patch antenna they are directional.

If you buy the Skyzone or the Fatshark (Binocular FPV) then your short sightedness is not an issue (Binocular) you just need the Diopters for you poor long distance vision.

So Bifocal problems solved.

I had very poor vision and had the lenses replaced in my eyes surgically. Now I have internal UV and Ultra Blue filters. ;)

Just a bit long sighted now and need reading glasses for close up work. Just because i am getting old. :(

Do not fly around trees you will lose the FPV signal. You need 600mw Plus to get that sort of coverage. The 5.8Ghz FPV signal is analogue not digital so it degrades badly.

Or buy a Mavic drone and the DJI Goggles.