Walkera FlyConfig for Furious 320!

Discussion in 'Walkera Furious 320' started by Obie, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Obie

Obie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Everyone! Looks like I'll be the first post for 2017 So here it goes!

This is for people who have heard of FlyConfig but didn't know really what it was or where to get it, or how to use it. I'm not going to go into advanced tuning of the quad, but I'll show you an example of how I changed some default settings.

FlyConfig is sort of a "ghetto" version OpenPilot or CleanFlight that you can use that is Walkera branded to change some settings, upload firmware..etc

So you would think you would download this software from Walkera.. Personally, I never found it..I searched a lot of different pages, used their search..Nothing.

Luckily "Ryan's Corner" from SkyDroneUSA has a lot of Walkera Runner 250 stuff, and so happens they also use FlyConfig for tunes, so I found it there! (Pay credit, when credit is due!)

Ryans Corner (Ryan's Corner - Tips, Tricks & Support)

Download for Walkera FlyConfig

Install and Use
    1. Once downloaded Unzip to Desktop
    2. Run FlyConfig Setup
    3. Follow the prompts and install it just like any other program.
    4. Once installation is complete, Launch the program from Desktop icon, or Start Menu if you chose no Desktop Icon.

[​IMG]

5. Select English from the Dropdown (Unless you speak Chinese, then more power to you!)
    6. Click the ">" next to Drone Assistant. (Circled in red)

[​IMG]

7. Click the drop-down list and view the available devices.
    8. Now plug in your Furious 320 in via Micro USB to your PC (If this is the first time, it may need to auto install some drivers)

[​IMG]

9. You'll notice a new device in that list, for me its "COM 3 USB Serial Device"
    10. You can now connect via Auto, or select that COM device that appeared and connect over 57600 BUAD
    11. Once connected go to the "Config" tab.
    12. You can now adjust any of your PID's

[​IMG]

13. Note these are STOCK PIDs in case you want to mess with yours, you can use these as reference. :)
    14. The Firmware tab is pretty explanatory
    15. Raw Params is where you can adjust some of the settings directly on the flight controller.

[​IMG]

16. In this example, I adjusted what happens when Channel 5 is at different values than the stock values.
    17. On my DEVO-10 Channel 5 is my M|X switch, which has 0, 1, and 2. Allowing me to have 3 different flight modes on my quad.
    18. In the 0 Position it puts the quad in normal Stabilize mode
    19. In the 1 Position it puts the quad into Acro mode. (My usual flight mode)
    20. In the 2 Position it puts the quad into Drift mode. (I've only flown it once, didnt notice much of a difference)

In here you can change your arming sequences, and do a bunch of cool stuff. Just remember to backup your values before you Save and Write Params!

(Feel free to correct me on any of this, this worked for me, and I kind of made it up as I went after I found the
    Hope this helps!
    -Obie

2. Hukumka

Hukumka New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh... One dream - increase flight time...

3. oldking80

oldking80 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    And how you could do?

4. Hukumka

Hukumka New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I want to enlarge propellers (to be able use more massive battery) : What if enlarge propellers?

Just as experiment. Now i will buy one on the Aliexpress. Will wait package (its about 20-30 days for Russian Federation)

5. oldking80

oldking80 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Good idea, but be careful not to burn the esc. Which propellers you ordered?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hukumka

Hukumka New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0