Walkera F210 firmware update

Discussion in 'Walkera F210' started by tigi_t, Jan 29, 2016.

1. tigi_t

tigi_t Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Does anybody have any ideas on how to update the Walkera F210?

2. aguztinako

aguztinako New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i need the same you have it?

3. tigi_t

tigi_t Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    nope i don't. If walkera does put it up then you will find it here.

Firmware Updater

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  4. gruntwerkz

gruntwerkz Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    The f210 runs clean flight on an F3 based FC board, in order to change your rates and PIDS you just download clean flight configurator on the google chrome app store, it's a chrome plugin.

I haven't seen an updated firmware yet, but honestly the firmware is great that it has, real stable so not sure of the issue.

I'm not sure if Walkera will be doing the firmware updates or possibly the clean flight community, it's an open sourced project so hopefully the clean flight team starts producing regularly updated firmware's just as they do for all the other F3 boards out there. Hey maybe even Borris at beta flight with make one, I'll actually get ahold of him.

But anyway yeah, the firmware flashing would also be done thru the clean flight app... it's an all in one GUI, so the firmwares would come in the form of a .hex fo clean flight directly. They also produce them in bin files as well so people can use older software to update, or for instance someone changing their CC3D FC over to clean flight... they need the bin to work with Open Pilot.

I'll contact the clean flight community and report back if they're planning on updating it. In the meantime I suggest you download clean flight in case you would like to adjust anything.

5. tigi_t

tigi_t Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0

gruntwerkz Thanks for the update but like you mentioned it up to the community to make it possible.

6. gruntwerkz

gruntwerkz Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Yeah it will, I bet it will happen... if not Walkera will probably update it eventually.

Not sure what else you would need in the firmware though, it has the main features of clean flight. You can even adjust your gyro update speed on this version of CF.

Since you made the original post I thought you didn't know what program to use and all that.

7. tigi_t

tigi_t Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    gruntwerkz
    I've another thread for Walkera F210 Personalized setting
    Its show how to connect to cleanflight and change all the setting.

I could connect to the quad but My issue was if i needed to flash the FC, What firmware would i use in cleanflight? hence why i created this thread.

8. gruntwerkz

gruntwerkz Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Oh okay I see what you mean now, by the first post I thought you were in the dark. They don't even have the orginal firmware out for download now, once they do I plan to try the colbri race file and see if it goes smooth.

The main issue is the OSD, everything else like the RX PPM signal is generic and the same for all F3 boards. The issue on the OSD is within the firmware since the colbri race may assign OSD to UART1 for a SPracing F3, yet the Walkera F3 board may have the OSD on a separate UART that doesn't match a generic firmware.

I did email walkera to ask if they would send me a copy of the default firmware so I can try some other F3 board firmwares, would really like to install betaflight.

Not sure if you talk about this setting in your other thread but the gyro loop time is nice. The default is 1000 which is 1000hz or 1khz, the F3 boards run real nice at 500 loop time which is 2khz. Ultimately it's based off 125 as a multiplier... So 125 = 8khz, there for 500 = 2khz, and so on. Now with that said most of the ESCs on the market, even oneshot 125 can barely keep up with 4khz. Some of the high end boards like the lux F3 can handle 8khz but we need a new ESC platform to keep up which is under way. Long story short, Walkera is using fast ESCs but still slower than oneshot 125 so you cannot really try anything over 2khz. With that said she's locked in great with that loop time and speed, better reaction time.

9. tigi_t

tigi_t Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0

I email walkera in regards to the firmware. The response i got back is
    Good Day !

Sorry that we don't have the firmware for F210.

Have a nice day

Walkera Online sales Team

Adddress:At the 1st floor of Walkera office building,Taishi industrial park,Yuwootou Town, Panyu, Guangzhou , China.

Tel:862034915221(direct)

E-mail:onlinesales@walkera.com

2016年2月24日

10. gruntwerkz

gruntwerkz Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I will be able to get it, give me a day or two. I work for a Walkera dealer so my boss will be able to get it from iUAS, they've been good about that kind of stuff so far.

• Like Like x 1