Walkera F210 2D Flight controller messed up. Help!

Discussion in 'Walkera F210 3D' started by jony325, Oct 4, 2016.

1. jony325

jony325 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everyone. My friend got his F210 early this year (let's call it quad "A") and I bought mine around July (quad "B"). And we both decided to upgrade the firmaware at my place to update the failsafe issue.

-Downloaded the firmware from walkera and followed everything as stated on youtube's link.

-Both quads connected fine to Cleanflight's latest version.
    -At the moment of flashing the FC it would do the green progress bar but after we got "STM32...failed" in red ON BOTH QUADS.
    -Then I read somewhere to use USB port to v2 instead of v3. Somehow this FIXED everything BUT ONLY FOR QUAD "A".

So quad "A" with firmware update cuts throttle after 5 secs.

But quad "B" I did exactly same procedure as for "A" but I'm totally stuck here.
    -I plug in the USB to FC and computer recognizes with a sound and Cleanflight tries to connect but FAILS TO CONNECT to CF.
    -I tried to flash FC and won't connect neither.
    -I saw this guy showing how to boot jump and did the same with no luck at all. I get something like "no response". It still won't let me connect nor flash FC.

-When I plug in the quad and remote you can only see left red light and when I move the sticks it lights up the amber turning lights BUT ENGINES WON'T DO ANYTHING.

What's wrong with my quad "B"?? Any ideas? Don't want to spend more $$$ on a new FC!!
    Is using betaflight or anything else than Cleanflight an option??

2. fossion julien

fossion julien New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The update file walkera corrupted my fc now I must pay a new, otherwise there are not many people on the forum no one will help you

3. jony325

jony325 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey good news! I got the FC back on!!
    Here's what I did:
    -Use STM32 Flash loader demonstrator to flash the FC.
    FLASHER-STM32 - STMicroelectronics

-At this point you should have F210 Firmware update-12th March 2016 downloaded. If not, go get it:
    Walkera official website - Walkera—The world’s most professional consumer UAV of racing

-Follow this guy's video while jumping the boot pins for the walkera's F3 controller and be sure to choose under "download to device" the WALKERA F210 LATEST FIRMWARE.

-Finish the last part of configuration on Cleanflight. It should be able to connect now.

***IMPORTANT: AT FIRST EVEN THE STM32 LOADER WOULDN'T READ THE BOOTLOADER BUT MAKE SURE YOU PRESS HARD WHENN JUMPING THE BOOT PINS WITH A CLIP OR SCREW DRIVER.***

4. droningon.co

droningon.co New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I actually have the F210 3D and I'm stuck as you were but I can't find any boot pins or holes on the flight controller board? I have removed it from its plastic cover and I see no clear boot terminals - do you have a photo of yours or can you guide me?