Walker Aibao - Still a good buy?

Discussion in 'Walkera Aibao' started by The Flying Boater, Feb 6, 2020.

1. The Flying Boater

The Flying Boater New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi All

New member here.

Looking for my first drone/quad but I'm not new to r/c or flying. I have the chance to get a new Aibao (2018 model) and I'm wondering if it's still a good buy after all these years? Also, have all the early app and phone compatibility issues been sorted out with firmware upgrades etc?

Thanks
    Richard

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    Walkera do not support these drones very well. They support the FW and drone for only about 6 months.

It is a risk but it is a good drone. Mine still works with current android smart devices. Now only Android. IOS support is not available for any Walkera drone anymore. All apps have been removed from the App Store.

You can fly it without a smart device but you lose the warnings and the video feed.

It also depends on the current capability of the battery. I don't believe they can be sourced any more. If not looked after. i.e. keeps at storage charge the battery will be dead by now.

It depends on how cheap you can get it and if its worth the risk.

3. The Flying Boater

The Flying Boater New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Many thanks for your thoughts, they helped to convince me that it wasn't a risk worth taking. Plenty more fish in the sea! The search continues.

Regards
    Richard