VOYAGER BATTLE DRONE

Discussion in 'Walkera Voyager 3' started by VOYAGER, Oct 30, 2018.

1. VOYAGER

VOYAGER New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi just wanted to post my V3 ,its been modified to cary missiles and later the landing gear will be changed to have suspension and a wider stance.
    The wings come from a 1/48 scale Hornet and later will add more weapons.

I plan on doing many more mods, this and 2 other V3s that I own.
    One such mod, a much better FPV long distance system and boosted radio link,more functions like landing lights to 360 degree collision avoidance system any one can install and not cost allot.

Also a winch for heavy lifting is on the menu.
    These V3s are a beast of a machine that are fun to experiment with man they look so cool.

Dave

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +529 / 15
    Thats really cool. Keep us up to date.

3. Junior Ellis

Junior Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    That's awesome :)

4. VOYAGER

VOYAGER New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Here is something realy awesome and in my opinion is what the Voyager 3 should have been designed ,a Octo quad,made from 2 birds,I have 3 and decided to build this bird.
    In the first one is a normal quad but i removed all of electronics except the mother board,saudered in connections to the signal terminals and connected a DJI NAZA V2 fc and bualah she flew great the very first time off the bench!I used 45 amp 8s escs since the originals dont work with standard radios,there 38.00$ each and well worth it.I had to mount the escs on the booms due to they dont fit under the hood.
    The difference in performance is huge and super easy with DJI.
    Before i had bad problems ,but now all works very well even the landing gear,modified to use a mini esc to drive the gutted gear worm gear servo directly,same will happen to rear one and be very modified with much wider suspended gear for added stability which is very badly needed on this bird.
    As you can see the front have temporary sprung struts from aircraft fixed wing jet. The radio is the excellent and very affordable FLSKY T12 ,touch screen telemitry radio.

I had nothing but hell when flying the original bird,but once I changed over to standard radio set up she flies like a dream, sure there is no fancy GPS,display and the horrible blue tooth that only crashes the thing,thats all gone!
    No f12e radio I found to be very subseptable to radio wifi interferance especialy the TALI 500 ,if anything let the antennas dangle down.

I will post pictures of what I did on the inside soon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Junior Ellis

Junior Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Nice :)