Video problem

Discussion in 'Walkera F210 3D' started by vajper, Jun 8, 2017.

1. vajper

vajper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First post :) Bought a used F210 but have run into problems with video tx. The seller didn't use FPV that much and can't tell it worked just before the sale (hmm, heard that before?). Anyhow, I use stock TX antenna, camera, OSD, transmitter (the FCC one) and a pair of SkyZone SKY02 V2 3D (with stock stick antennas).

I have no problems setting the correct channels on F210 TX and SKY02. As soon as I get the frequencies right I get some kind of picture on the goggles. First it was scrolling grey/white (not static). I then started to troubleshoot and reseated the OSD board. This resulted in a steady gray/black image to the goggles. I have no OSD, just this solid picture.

I'm not clear how the DIP switches on power board and OSD board should be set. I think I have tried all combinations with and without OSD board and only getting the same solid picture. How should these DIP swiches be set? I assumed OFF-OFF on power board and ON-OFF on OSD board when reading the documentation but I'm not sure.

Have tried to disconnect the camera and to reseat OSD and video transmitter boards, no difference.

So far I have assumed that at I should get the OSD no matter if camera is working or not (assuming I get the DIP switches correct). Is that correct?

Any idea on how to proceed with the troubleshooting and/or what components to replace?

At some level the video transmitter is OK because it gives the solid image when channels are correctly setup. This also leads me to think that antennas are OK. The scrolling image versus steady when reseating the OSD board might hint connection problems.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    Walker and Skyzone number the channels in reverse to each other.

So Default Walkera is Band B channel 8. To match with Skyzone on Skyzone select Band B channel 1.

3. vajper

vajper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But doesn't really matter as long as the frequency (say 5833MHz) are the same on F210 video transmitter and the SKY02 goggles, right? It is very obvious when I get the frequencies right, at that point I get the solid grey (black?) picture, otherwise it is noise/static.

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    yes that is correct. You should not fiddle with the default switch settings. Set them back to the way it shipped.

Others with similar problem found that the camera was DOA.

Also if previous owner had powered on the model without the VTX antenna then the VTX would be fried.

If VTX OK and OSD is powered on. You have to have the correct switch on on the OSD. Should also get a red light. Then if OSD is displayed then likely Camera faulty.

If No OSD then likely OSD or VTX Faulty.

Cheers

5. vajper

vajper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can anyone please refer to how the DIP switches should be set for OSD (factory setting). I don't trust what the previous owner did and didn't.

Can anyone further confirm that OSD should show up even with disconnected camera?

Can the VTX be faulty even though I get sync (the grey/black picture) in the goggles when tuned to the configured channel?

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    You know that the Quick start guide is full of useful information?

f210.png

7. vajper

vajper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have read that one and I think it is pretty crappy. There is no such thing as a "1" position on a DIP switch, I can only assume that it means "OFF" but with strange far-east translations I'd say you never know.

I have also not found any documentation on the DIP switches on the OSD board.

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +351 / 13
    Its referring to the position on the Dip Switch. Position 1. Position 2 is not used.

The switches on the OSD itself are to enable FW update I believe.

9. vajper

vajper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just a follow-up, measured the video output from the camera with a scope and it was dead. Today I also got a chance to test with another camera and everything (including OSD) worked fine.

From this we can draw the conclusion that the MAX7456 OSD chipset on the OSD board is configured in a mode where it doesn't provide video out/sync itself but depends on video input. Ergo, no OSD if no video signal from camera.

10. StevenB

StevenB New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just was looking for the active topic where I could ask how the DIP switches should be set for OSD