Unable to enter acro mode

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250' started by whoop, Nov 18, 2017.

1. whoop

whoop New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Having flying around for a while with the 250 Pro I've become curious about the acro mode and trying out some flips. It should be as simply as just flipping the FMD switch to 2, however switching it to 2 doesn't change anything more than engage throttle hold, self-leveling is still active.

As described in my previous thread Arming & throttle issue with 250 Pro I reset my transmitter and thereby had to reconfigured it as described in the Walkera manual. I did however, during some research find that the manual didn't state that the FMD switch had to be set to change flight mode, flight mode selector was set to INH so set it to FMD but no joy.

Another thing, I also read this thread Walkera Runner 250 RTF - An FPV Beginner's Perspective - RC Groups where they spoke about changing the yaw rate to get it more responsive, I tried changing it but not sure if I noticed any difference. I read about travel adjustment in the Devo 7 manual, is this a good way to get the controls more sensitive and be able to get more "aggressive" reactions?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  2. whoop

whoop New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Seems like have answered my own question by doing a bit of searching (Acro and Flips), the 250 Pro is not for acro but is essentially a "hybrid" between a racing and footage drone. As mentioned in the linked thread the reason why this "racing drone" wouldn't be able to flip is a bit unknown and doesn't make sense.

I would probably look into selling my 250 Pro long term but will keep it for practice.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +415 / 13
    Yes thats correct. No Acro on the Pro

I think you have your terminology mingled.

Racing Drone is for racing. You don't do aerobatics or fly 3D when racing.
    Acrobatic Drone is for flying complex manoeuvres.
    3D Drone is for complex manoeuvres and inverted flight.

Cheers