UK owner of the 250 pro.

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250 Pro' started by corey10troy, Jan 8, 2017.

1. corey10troy

corey10troy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    1st post so Hi and here we go,

I am now the proud and very satisfied owner of the 250 Pro and what an improvement. I was a little sceptical that they could make so many improvements to the flawed but still good Runner 250. It certainly looks impressive when you open the box. So, 6 batteries of flight time over 2 days and seem to have tested most of the modes in line of sight and with goggles for the last battery this morning - Goggle 4's.

OK, Bind - check. Calibrate - check. Power down and then reconnect - check. Take off in manual and wait for the GPS light to flash - Check. One thing I was a little miffed with is how different the speed is in GPS mode against manual. They could have made it a little quicker maybe.

Now, I have not connected it to my PC to update or fiddle about with any settings at all and just left it all stock. It all works perfect, so no need to faff with anything. this will be a key factor, i think, as to how popular this quad could be. this is not even available in the UK so I ordered mine from HeliPal......with no issues what so ever. 3 days to get it from the land of the rising sun to delivery, which the Royal Mail cannot even manage most of the time. Tracking updates which worked and let me know exactly where it was etc.

Simply put, its a great little machine which also looks cool. Not bad for battery life - just shy of 10 mins when timed in GPS mode and a little shorter in manual. Not taken any flight recordings as yet but looks OK through the Goggle 4's when flying. messed around on the double footy pitch near ours and was going through the posts etc once I got the hang of how she flew.

GPS is solid and when you take your hands off the controls, it stops dead and stays there. The return to home kicked in when I was using the goggles - didn't keep track of the voltage - and she rose upto about 20m, hovered and then came back to where she took off from and landed within 2m of the take off point - Impressive.

I also have a Phantom 3 Advance for photography but this little devil is going to be an excellent little run about when I don't want to be artsy fartsy and just out for a zip about.

Would be interesting to see how many of us in the UK have taken the plunge and ordered one of these but one thing I can say.......Well done to Walkera and the R & D guys for making a very happy little quad which is a joy to fly.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Blackroadster

Blackroadster Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Welcome "New" Pro owner! I enjoyed your post & your take on the 250 PR0, it couldn't have been more spot on or done any better.
    The PRO is pretty much what I expected out of the 250 Advanced, so I am thrilled to finally have a less tempermental Racing Quad. It has definetly lifted my spirits after becoming disillusioned with Walkera prior to finding this Forum.
    I wish you many happy hours of flying your new Pro and if your still in possession of your old 250, you should be able to iron out or at least go in the right direction to bring it up to it's optimal performance through the information contained here.
    I can't say enough good things about this site! There are resident experts here that probably understand Walkera products and problems, better than Walkera does!
    Happy Flying and welcome to the 250 PRO CLUB!
    Sincerely,
    Blackroadster

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  3. corey10troy

corey10troy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The only thing so far is the Props. Never been a fan of them on this or the original Runner. I know they are supplied for a reason by Walkera but are there any other recommended Props we can use on quad. Maybe a 3 blade option or along those lines. Defo loving it though. Just ordered a 7" screen for it too, should be here this week so will update again once flown with the screen. Might even remember to charge my Go-Pro to do some vids...

4. Blackroadster

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    If your running at peak, regardless of control factor, I've found the stock props the fastest. If you can handle a little extra weight per prop and can acquire some prop nuts, try some three bladers for their excellent maneuvering, but some loss of speed + run time due to the thrust being slightly buffered, while really enhancing the handling. It's like tuning the suspension. I use some heavier gemfans occasionally, and though a stronger prop, the actual inability of the prop not flexing shortens fly time and I still have not found a descent pitch. The stock pitch seems to be in the dead center of the power curve. Oh, the gemfans have gusto, but are ridgid feeling, like you have power but they are a lot more edgey and don't spin on a dime like the slower 3 bladers. I use 5 X 4 X 3 fibre enforced that manually feel almost the same as the stock flex. Hope you find your blade. We all feel different behind the controls, you may find your style gives you the edge on a different pitch, depending on how you require your machine to perform.
    Seriously, if you don't like the 3 Blade props out the box, they look very cool while your PRO sits static and there's killer colors, which all go good with black. Happy Flying!
    Blackroadster

5. corey10troy

corey10troy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Cool and thanks for the reply. Will have a look for the Gemfan's for use as looking to do some flying in the multi-story car parks in town. We also have an abandoned factory 5 mins from us. May use this option for the close confines flying, so will also benefit from a little loss of speed in place of turning pace to save a potential concrete mash.....Thanks again.

6. Blackroadster

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    You should feel the handling difference your first yaw and rudder applications. They slice and disrupt the thrust, so because there highest and best use is in the turn, it also gives a touch of brake as approaching the turn.
    We've done 4 floor parking garage flying and again, 5X4X3 props because of E=MC2 something like that. Mass & forward momentum are critical and they won't give you the leg up of the two bladers on the straight always, but you'll make much better turn time and be faster because of better control. I assume you mean to FPV ? Bottom to top or the fastest, top to bottom. Have fun, but walk your course and do a practice run (alone). I've found nice wide garages and some that were not worth the damage. One good note is the small garages are great private practice spots to get that cramped flying and challenging 180 in close quarters. Happy Flying and remember the roof height floor to floor.