Turnigy accucell 6 80w 10amp

Discussion in 'Walkera Talk' started by Byron, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Byron

Byron New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I’ve recently decided to upgrade from the standard walkera charger to a turnigy accucell 6 80w 10amp charger with a balance board that charges 6 battery’s at the same time because charging one at a time was just taken to long.
    I ordered it supplied with a DC power lead which is 15v 6amp.
    The reason I bought the 80w 10amp was thinking I could charge 6 4s 1300mah together at 7.8amps to get them done more quickly but how I was wrong!
    Turns out I can only charge at a maximum of 4amps because anything higher I get DC POWER TOO LOW.
    I’ve looked around my house for a laptop power supply and the only one I got is a 19v 3.16amps which then tells me DC POWER TOO HIGH which didn’t surprise me being a 19v.
    Can someone point me in the right direction where I can get a power supply that will allow me to charge at a higher amps or give me the readings to the power supply they use which gets them the higher charge rates from this charger, does charging at 4amps sound about right.
    I thought with it being a 10amp I would be able to charge at 7.8amps Without any problems.
    I contacted the person I bought it off And he has told me the power supply is correct which I think is to low for this charger.

thanks

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    Im afraid that you cannot solve this issue. The charger is limited to 80W. You are attempting to charge at greater than 80W so it is limiting the current.

Also be careful that all the batteries that you have plugged into the parallel charging extension are at the same charge state.

If one batteries cell is greater than another it will cross charge the batteries in an attempt to level the charge on all. This can lead to battery damage.

Cheers