Tried swapping motors.

Discussion in 'Walkera F210 3D' started by Fire14142002, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Fire14142002

Fire14142002 New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I tried swapping out the motors to Emax rs2205 2300kv. Can't fly. It has the shakes or quivers like the pid's are way off. Walkera motors fly great. I tried changing pid's and nothing helped, moved a little then took big jumps and never tried to clear up. Am I missing something? Pid's are at factory settings. Anytime I try to change pid's with stock motors same thing happens, shakes. It will fly but has the quivers.

2. Mattyflipz

Mattyflipz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check the rotation of the the motors. Iv got 1300kv 2205 on mine and it did what you are describing but I noticed the motors were spinning the wrong direction. Just swap any two wires on each motor. That should solve your problem

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    Walkera drones are RTF and BNF and tuned for the components they are built with. They are not designed to support other hardware component upgrades.

Motors need to be matched with Supporting ESCs.

4. Mattyflipz

Mattyflipz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my f210 fly's fine with exact motors and 5045 bullnose twin prop however with dalprops it has bad oscillations on high stick but still very punchy. am half way through putting on some 30amp esc's will let you know how it goes

5. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    You are changing props that have different characteristics.

3 bladed props provide more lifting power. 2 bladed props provide higher speed. You put 3 bladed props on (E.g. Walkera F215) if you need additional lifting power.

Changing diameter or pitch of prop blades (2 or 3 blades) requires precise tuning in the FC and supporting ESC. You can have fun playing with the swaps but if you are trying to improve the performance of the drone you would need to follow a precise tuning procedure with the appropriate test equipment.

Having fun is fine.

Be careful of the 30 Amp ESCs. If you use props that allow you to pull 120 constant amps through the mainboard and power regulators you may damage them and or the battery.

You will need to upgrade the battery spec or you will end up with Voltage sags and FC failures mid flight.

Let us know the results.

Cheers

p.s. Forgot to ask. Are the motors you are using the same KV as OEM?

6. ykm_smallz_fpv

ykm_smallz_fpv New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a set of DYS Fire 2600kv motors I want to put on the stock 3d escs do you think I would have an issue?

7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    Not Sure. Do these motors support forward and reverse switching. All motors will allow reversal of direction but some don't like doing it on the fly.

The only real way to find out is to try it.

Cheers

8. ykm_smallz_fpv

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To be honest I really don’t care for the 3d mode. I just want to know if these motors are too powerful for the esc. I have some crazepony 30a ones but I do not know where to Dorset them as the f210 has a connecter on their to pdb

9. ykm_smallz_fpv

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here is a pic of the motors on my othe quad I want to put on my walkera f210. Also a pic of the connectors for the f210 stock esc. Can u tell me where I need to solder on the after market esc

Attached Files:

10. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +436 / 14
    You need to remove the Standard ESC and you should find 3 or 4 connections. You will need to measure with a multimeter. You will find Black, GND - Red Batt and White Signal (Throttle) the new ESC is Opto Isolated so will require an additional black wire connection to a Place on the 3D Arm this will be the GND back to the FC. for Throttle.