Tali H500 naza v2 conversion

Discussion in 'Walkera TALI H500' started by Steven Bennett, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Steven Bennett

Steven Bennett New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I crashed my Tali and wrecked the main power board , a couple speed controllers and body shell of course. Point being after replacement parts installed I discovered the cause of my crash was a main controller or gps failure. So being my tali had less 5 hours flight time and it's bug free operation..... I replaced my controller with the naza v2. It has been a true pain because of my lack of experience and limited online help. However I have successfully completed this task. I just need to tidy and tape things up to do a test flight. The reason I am starting this is to help others if they choose to do this conversion. Be gentle I am old and a noob in forums and the Tali. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Buzztronic

Buzztronic Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Well done, what benefits does the Naza controller have though?

I fly manually and don't like relying on GPS. There can be too much interference, especially in urban areas, power-lines etc.

3. Steven Bennett

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Well since the Tali controller seems to be full of bugs and dji is a more proven controller. I decided to upgrade. I don't think you will have any issues in manual mode with your Tali. Here are the cons to this upgrade. You lose your telemetry and I can't get Droid planner or Mission planner to work with the Dji controller. The DJI stuff is more apple friendly and I am an Android guy. If you want to have telemetry with the dji that cost more money..... However if you just fly manual there is no benefit that I know of to upgrade. If you get into programmed flight and using gps then consider the upgrade. I am hoping walkera gets it together as far as customer support and working the bugs out of their gps because I was comfortable and liked my Tali the way it came but don't like it taking off on its own crashing into houses.

4. Keiran02

Keiran02 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Steven, I have decided to swap my stock flight controller to a Naza M V2, mainly to continual issues and it falling out the sky.....well actually flying itself full speed across a field and into a building....have you got and pictures / information I might find helpful?

5. Steven Bennett

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Sorry about your crash. I will be glad to help. The most difficult part was setting the radio up so I will give you all my settings And any pics you might need. When are you starting this?

6. Buzztronic

Buzztronic Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Looking forward to hearing more Steve...

7. Buzztronic

Buzztronic Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The GPS issues with the stock control board can be fixed by running an earth wire from from the upper shell interior to the main control board. At least that's what the facebook group I'm with have said...

8. Steven Bennett

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Here are my device output settings on the Devo F112E with the naza v2.
    under device output.
    Gear Aux4 kb
    active
    Flap Fmod SW
    active
    aux2 Mix sw
    Active
    aux3 inhibit

aux4 GEAR sw
    active
    aux5 aux5 kb
    active
    Aux6 aux6 kb
    active
    aux 7 AILE D/R
    active
    Under system menu
    stick direction
    reverse the throttle
    Now your mix control switch will be
    all the way up is manual
    center position is failsafe or home
    down position is GPS mode
    camera controls will be the same
    fmod switch will be IOC controls
    all the way up is home lock
    center position is course lock
    and down is off.
    now be sure to download DJI NAZA assistant 2 because you will need it to set up your flight controller and to adjust your trims to the controllers liking.
    On the inside install the flight controller as per instructions but leave your camera controls connected to the rx as before. Be sure to go off the naza assistant as to where to plug in each motor controller in the flight controller. leave your landing gear servos into the rx as before. on set up in flight assistant be sure to set your rx type as PPM. I know this is kind of random but it is good info that took a lot of time for an old guy like me to figure out. I will be opening my Tali in a couple days so I will be able to take pics at that time for you. When you have questions feel free to ask and I will get back asap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Keiran02

Keiran02 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Steven I'm sure that'll be very useful, I've managed to squeeze everything in, I went with the Naza M v2, with bluetooth ground station and IOSD, I've also put a FLYTREX underneath just in case....that was an interesting experiance lol

Just need to fit the GPS some how...I'd like to keep the stock casing if possible and maybe keep the NEO M 8 and wire the iOSD to the ilook transmitter

10. Steven Bennett

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I put the gps on the top

Attached Files: