Tali H500 Flips on take off

Discussion in 'Walkera Help!' started by JayDoge, Aug 12, 2020.

1. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    Yes looks that way. Was this before or after you swapped things out. You keep jumping head and making this more and more difficult.

I would have advised you to take photographs of all the wiring before you removed any wires.

You replaced the GPS you might have made an error and bought the standard GPS. The GPS in the Tali is Crap. You need the GPS fromn the Runner 250R. It takes some modes to get it to fit in the upper shell but well worth it.

FYI. The blue light indicates that it has reached satellites and you should wait to get 3 blue flashes before you launch.

2 Things here.

1. You can only get the sat lock blue lights if you are outdoors in a clear space. You will not get sat locks indoors.
    2. The RTH location is marked when you activate the mortars and takeoff. If you do this before you get 3 Blue lights your RTH location could be miles away and risk a flyaway. Do not fly on GPS mode and keep within line of sight.

I have attached all the photos I took of my First Tali before I did a GPS update to the Runner GPS. This should help you sort out the wiring.

Good Luck.
    IMG_1246.jpg IMG_1247.jpg IMG_1544.jpeg IMG_1547.jpeg IMG_1545.jpeg IMG_1546.jpeg IMG_1548.jpeg

2. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    Most likely in the process of changing parts you made a mistake in the wiring. Double check.

If you replaced the FC it is blank You need to update the FW and update the .param file.

Good luck.

3. JayDoge

JayDoge New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Oooooohoohohoh okay that's making sence now, so this is a picture of the new one I put in and the pin layout. I did swap it out for the best looking one I had in the spares that came with

Pins on telemetry unit are
    Aux 7: blue heat shrink video cable I belive
    Aux 6: pit
    Aux 5: roll
    Aux 4: unlabeled guessing yaw?
    All goes to the camera unit pin
    And data bus goes to data bus on the controler

Attached Files:

4. JayDoge

JayDoge New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I did endup updating it. Let me know what you have for wiring on your telemetry controler and I guess we can compair and see if I have it right

5. JayDoge

JayDoge New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Alright so I'm not sure how to tell exactly what wrong I'm going to try and refrain from changing to much before you can get back to me. So I've checked the wiring but no one really has a super detailed layout so I'm kinda guessing.

RX705
    Aux 7 video cable
    Aux 6 is pit Aux 5 is roll
    Aux 5 is gear
    Data bus to data bus on FC

FCS-H500
    data bus to data bus
    Check power to board
    M1 to M6 wired according to the manual the drone comes with there's a way the motors spin I wired it to that
    Led to the back 2 motors
    GPS and compass to the GPS disc and that to the telemetry con
    USB to USB port

I have linked what GPS I'm using and if it's worth the upgrade and it fixes my issue I'll buy it np but I don't wanna invest in something I'm not even sure I can get working again... But for now it's my only Hope.

I've also linked a picture of my controler that I linked from down the hallway so it wasint to close it shows inhibit for all the sensors on GPS and shows 9999.99m in the air

Attached Files:

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    Check the wiring carefully in the photos I provided. They are High Definition so you can download and zoom.

Did you load the model config onto the F12E as I advised?

I cant check the wiring on my Tali's as they are in my storage locker behind a stack of large Scale Model Aircraft.

All I have to offer is the photos above.

If you load the model config it should have telemetry enabled.

Go to the telemetry page on the radio and check the settings.

If you give me your location and time zone and message a full international phone number I can give you a call.

I will need to know what times you are available in your local time zone. I am located in Sydney Australia.

Send it to me in a PM don't put personal information in a post.

Cheers

I'm not sure that this will give you a correct outcome.

There is a picture I posted that shows which motors to connect to the FC.

Check then pictures I posted carefully.

7. JayDoge

JayDoge New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hey yes I loaded the profile and everything, I'm honistly not sure what there is left tot try but Known good working FC and telemetry unit, I looked at the photos and I Think I got the motors wired correctly but I can't see the telemetry controler and how it's wired. I unplugged something and it started screaming at high pitch and then plugged it back in and it was low pitch scream back to the soft beep.
    I would love to do a call but I don't think the time zone would work as we are 16 hours difference haha. My 7 am is your 11 pm and my after work is your morning.
    I'm honistly just gunna probably pass this on to someone who builds drones and knows how to fix these things. I am a beginner and got in way over my head. If there's anything you want me to try I can give it a go but I don't think I'm able to fix it

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    Take a picture of the FC on the side that the white wire from the telemetry port on the RX goes too. I don't have a picture of the FC for that side. Then post it.

9. JayDoge

JayDoge New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    These are all the photos I have for the wiring side of things

Attached Files:

10. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    You have the compass plugged into the GPS and the GPS plugged into the compass.

Check my pictures again.