Tali H500 Conversion

Discussion in 'Walkera TALI H500' started by collinaxenroth, Mar 5, 2020.

1. collinaxenroth

collinaxenroth New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello to all Walkera Gurus,
    I am a builder of race quads and the like. I have a customer who crashed his Tali H500 and just destroyed the whole shell and some internals. He loved the power of these motors and his F12E as well, and so he wanted to do a conversion where we make use of what we can here. He is set on using only four of the six motors and is looking for that quad type of flight. I am only happy to assist him but I could use some info. Has anyone ever had any success using this flight system as a quad, depinning the remaining two motors or something like this? I have already made arrangements to gut the whole thing and use a more common quad flight controller, but if it were possible to use the original flight system this would make my life a whole lot easier at the moment lol. Just figured I would ask you guys, as I know walkera has a pretty solid core group of enthusiasts who love to tinker as well. Let me know if anyone has a thought on this. He has the G-3D also, and I am going to have to incorporate this into the new build. We have settled on the ZD550 as a replacement frame (this was his request) and so if that info helps you understand what I am into here, there it is lol. It is a cool looking frame for sure and it will serve the purpose while allowing room for the gimbalized camera. Basically, is it possible to use the OG fc as a quad is my question. Im sure this will require some reprogramming of sorts and I am up to the task. Thanks in advance for any assistance and stay fly...ing!

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +554 / 16
    I have never tried to use the Tali FC for 4 motors. Not sure that this would work very well. Walkera are very proprietary with the FCs Have you though about a 6 motor Flamewheel base?

3. collinaxenroth

collinaxenroth New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the reply, but I actually think I've got it worked out. Once I got inside it I found that it is a lot more like a diy quadcopter than I would have thought, with separate components instead of one big board which is what I was expecting.