Tali 500 problem

Discussion in 'Walkera TALI H500' started by Tommy dk, Oct 13, 2014.

1. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +408 / 13
    Looks like you have the knowledge and skill to correct any issues with the Tali if you get one. Walkera did not fix any of them in 2017.

MD500 looks cool. What are the mechanics in it?

Cheers

p.s. What is it that you want from a larger drone?

2. DennisH

DennisH New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First, Thank You for your reply. MD500 has VARIO mechanics. I love this bird.

I DON'T recommend ANYONE repairing LiPo Batteries as they are very dangerous, explosive, and will catch fire easily. Conventional methods WILL NOT put a LiPo battery fire out. It's like Magnesium, you have to starve it from Oxygen to stop the fire. NOONE is prepared for this at home.

2nd, I guess Walkera has gone out of business. Is this true?

3rd, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT, are you in a position to help me with any "serious" issues with the Tali 500 "IF" I happen to run into any issues?

4th, what do I want from a larger Drone? Stability, a unit that handles wind and drift better than the rest, plus it's easier to see due to the size of the Drone.

The fact your replying to me shows your concerned. I appreciate this. Do you actually work for Walkera? You are definetly helping me get in the right direction.

I hope I have many hours of fun with the Tali 500. I will look up the instructions you provided to modify the Tali. It should be easy. I find it interesting that several have told me to add an BEC to the landing gear. Plus several have stated to put a "Go Pro" camera on the Tali. And several have suggested putting a NAZA-H in the unit.

Is the Tali able to control the camera through the transmitter?

Again, thanks for your time and consideration,
    Dennis

3. DennisH

DennisH New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bjr981s, You asked all question to be posted public.

I have several Walkera 450D003's as it's easier to buy them to have a few for spare parts. I wish this was the case with other manufactures.

The D003's fly perfect for me, their an unbelievable Heli.

I want to put a custom flight controller on mine, like a Skookum 720, or NAZA-H, or IKON-2. I have tried, but the Walkera components seem to be proprietary to Walkera's only! I cannot get any of the units to work with the Walkera Servo's, or the ESC.

Do you know of anyone who has successfully added one of these units to a D003? If anyone has, please chime in, or send me a message.

I have built a battery that will last 20 to 25 minutes in the D003! I would love to have the features that these aftermarket companies do. I use them on my other Helicopters and love them. The D003 is just fun to fly.

Again, Thanks for your time and consideration.

Dennis

4. DennisH

DennisH New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have given up on the Tali 500. I hated to make this decesion as it has many features I like. I don't have time to work on a unit straight out of the box. Most units I buy are ARF, or RTF. Many build them for the fun of it, them sell them. Plus when you can buy one "brand new" for $450.00, that rings a bell as well.

I do want to install a Skookum 720 or Bavarian 3SX or NAZA-H on my Walkera 400D003.

I anyone has successfully achieved this, please let me know. I tried several times, but vibrations has stopped me from using any of them. Maybe the excessive vibration is coming from the rotor belt. All else seems smooth. I have tried every mounting tape, plus every available mounting spot for the Gyro and GPS.

Any comments are welcome.

5. DennisH

DennisH New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Brian
    bjr981s

6. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +408 / 13
    Wookong-H is no longer available. I have been trying to buy another one for over a year now.

Understand your eyesight issue only to well. Its a bummer getting old.

Beast is great. Its 99 Euros to upgrade for bailout and Atti mode. ( Atti Mode makes your heli fly like a drone)

What RX were you trying in the D03? Remember that Walkera is EATR not the usual AETR Futaba standard.

I think you have to change the servos out if you install an alternate FC. I have had issues using Walkera servos in other projects they don't like 5V Plus. They chatter like mad. And I am not sure what the BEC output capability is. "Pretty Low" I expect you would need an alternate BEC.

Cheers

p.s. Your batteries are running at 4.2 x 12 = 50.4V. At nominal voltage 3.7V per cell 3.7 x 12 = 44.4V you are risking your model in the air.

It would be a trade off with weight and capacity in your model. The extra capacity may not be worth the extra weight. Its the law of diminishing returns.

You would also be putting massive stress on the Motor and ESC. What ESC are you using?

How much pitch do you have for it to hover?

I am / Will be using a pair of Align 700Xs to test multi-blade scale heads. I am using a Futaba 18MZH WC edition and have all the telemetry installed. I have swapped out the Align and Hobbywing ESCs with Castle Creations Phoenix Edge160AF HV BECs with the Castle Link telemetry for Sbus 2 FastTest 18 Channel Rxs . That way I can determine how much scale Items I can put in the scale bodies. I am installing a Futaba High power 16 Channel Sbus and PWM Rx on the Jayhawk. The 16 PWM channels are to operate the peripheral equipment like the Rescue Winch and the crew animation. This one is a long term project. Its a sweet rx but way expensive, like most Futaba gear.

IMG_2267.jpg