Tali 500 problem

Discussion in 'Walkera TALI H500' started by Tommy dk, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Tommy dk

Tommy dk New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have just posted this tread under the forum WALKERA HELP...please respond there if you have a comment.....

Hello.

I have had the Tali 500 for about 3 weeks now and have had a lot of test flights.......when working correctly the tali is great flying but i have now had 3 chrash due to the same problem.....last crash destroyed the frame...

The problem come when using auto take of........once you have activated it,,,the Tali takes of....and shorly after begins to pull hard right and i quickly loose control and cant recover which causes a hard crash.....

During my last fligth i wanted to test what goes wrong...........so i did a lot of takeoffs and landings where everything was ok....had about 30 mins. of flighttime and about 10-12 takes offs (including auto takeoffs) where everything was ok.....10 min into the second battery it happend..................auto take off and the Tali started to pull hard right and again i lost control and chrashed................frame destroyed.....

I really need to find out what goes wrong...why does this happen.........or the Tali 500 is not safe to use.

Anyone have any comment....... please...

ohh....yeah ...the g-3d gimball also stopped working just before the last crash..........a problem i can se many others also have on youtube........

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  2. Keckeson

Keckeson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, I'm a beginner and have also suffered unexplained breakdowns, like the ones you describe. But I think that when half the battery life is gone then you lose a bit of control. The buzzer on the Devo F12E sometimes begin to alarm without an explanation of the display (which I think is a weakness of Walkera) this occurs when two lights on the battery is off, it should be possible to fly safely in this situation.
    I do not trust completely on Tali H500. To be a bit more secure so I shift the battery after two unlit bulbs.

Med vänlig hälsning
    Kenneth

3. Ken

Ken New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Guys, PLEASE REVIEW the instructions!!!!! READ, UNDERSTAND, & FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS! Make sure you have set up your raido according to the quick start guide, I found settings that I physicaly had to change in the raido, you MUST understand the instructions and FOLLOW them. PLEASE allow at least 2-3 solid minutes sitting on the pad to allow as many gps locks you can get, BEFORE EVEN UN-LOCKING THE MOTORS!!! THEN AND ONLY THEN after waiting 2-3 min. THEN, un- lock motors and fly. Ensure all switches are in their proper position at the proper time for what you want to do :) HAPPY DRONING!

• Like Like x 1
  4. IIIDaemon

IIIDaemon Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    i just recieved my H500 last Fri.09Jan2015..have also experienced a few soft 'Crashes' (which i expected) and Several Problems with the Hardware... and 1 'Hard Crash' which caused the end of the M6 Strut to break cleanly Off at the Designed Shear-Points.. ..Nice Going Walkera..! after approx 6hrs was able to repair it well enuff to fly it again.. but while repairing it i found the Issue that caused my 'Hard Crash'.. M6 RED & YEL Wires to ESC Board (Hard Wired!?!) broken 'Under' the 'White Glue at the Board Conn/Pad causing an 'Intermittent Connection.. and before any of you experts try to say that the wires and/or connections were damaged in the crash.. NONE of the Wires OR Loops in, were even slightly disturbed, still glued in place.. in fact i should have recognized the problem before i took off.. that MTR Intermittently just didnt Spin Up like the others.. oh and BTW.. Cold Solder Joints on the ESC Capacitor.. i understand in manufacturing these things can and do happen.. but what it means is.. Poor Quality Control, another example.. Look at the Manual.. UH Walkera.. Ever Heard of a TRANSLATOR?? im sure you can afford one.. i've topped off the stock battery 3x its never gotten down less than 22.0Vdc.. but have gone thru 3 sets of AA batteries in the DEVO F12E (have spare H500 & Devo batt on the way) and thats with All PWR Saving type Features i could find.. The GPS sys reports my location 10.61mi NE of my actual??? hmmm RTH? Can it be Trusted? 1000$ in the air.. i tried it.. didnt work.. it did finally approach and ascend but never attempted to descend?? Auto-TakeOff then GPS Hover.. i guess it works.. if you dont count the fact that it seems to 'Hiccup' and drop 6-12'' EVERYTIME and that with 7-9 Satellites, Can it Be Trusted? hmm dunno.. 1000$ in the air.. Walkera, question.. Why Do you Hard Solder the ESC board in..? Why do the Hard Solder the MTR Leads to the ESC..? are they so reliable that i'll never have to replace them..? if so should i cancel the my spare parts order..? Walkera, question, Why do you mount at 90° the conn to the USB port right in the Slot for the Battery, there plenty of room to have mounted it straight down..Out of the way..? Why so many Hot LEDs making ESC to MTR wire routing so precarious..? oh that reminds me 2 RED LEDs were Partially Blocked 'Right Out of the RTF Box' by MTR wires (wonder how long they would have lasted) Walkera, question, i considered purchasing the Scout x4 also.. i figured same CTRL less than 2600$ i could have have 2 birds.. fly 1 while the other is charging or down for repairs/upgrades, not only that but, more air time , more experience, so the question.. Should I spend another 700$+ spare parts..? I think ill wait.. shop Around.. i mean, because, hell i've already got 1000$ in the air, now, Right..? (No, havnt mounted the Gimbal/Cam yet)
    IIIDaemon
    11Jan2015
    www.GasRecovery.net

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  5. IIIDaemon

IIIDaemon Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    ..The Tali-H500 (Black) Carbon Look, looks good.. it appears to be that Floating Decal type process, which means its Microns thick.. you can almost Blow it Off.. soon as my new housing gets here i'll put a reasonable coating of a Matte Finish Lacquer on it so it'll last a bit longer..and before that i might even beef up those weak points on the struts right at the motors.. a couple more grams in overall weight wont hurt that bad.. and if it makes it a lil tuff'r.. then in the long run i'll be in the air longer for less repair money..

6. guy

guy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got mine 7 days ago, put it together, calibrated, bind it, waited 3 minutes, unlocked motors, slowly throttled up, drone drifted quickly to the right, landed and flip over, one motor smoking really bad and continued spinning upside down. Managed to stop the engine and one motor is gone. Order a new dextrogyrated motor, it came, wrong motor, should have been dextrogyrated thred (clockwise thred, not clockwise motor). I have the tali for one week now, and $2,000 into it, still waiting for the right motor. Frustrated, I think I am going to find an American owned drone store to buy my next drone. I am sick and tired of the Chinese making shtty products and shtty services.

I am meeting up with a company that makes rc motors in Southern California. He said he can recoil the motor for me. What do you guys think about me opening up a shop strictly making better motors/parts for Phamtom to Walkera and so on. According to the rc company, the Chinese uses cheap materials for motor coil, they burnt easily. He will recoil my motor with quality stuff.

7. IIIDaemon

IIIDaemon Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    UPDATE: I found i had made a mistake in ref to the Tali-DevoF12E and the GPS Coordinates.. the Tali/DEVO display gps coord'd in Decimal.Degrees.. i'm used to Degress°Min'Sec'' (Astronomy) so the coords given/displayed are in fact within approx 20'.. Flew 2 consecutive batteries this morning (Fri.16Jan).. flipped in soft grass due to hard landings.. no probs, my M6 Arm repair holding up real well.. I mounted the Gimbal/iLook+, Gimbal appears to operate as per norm or advertised.. however the iLook+ and the initialization of video mode is IMO Flaky.. but maybe it just takes some getting used to.. the 1st Video flight test was basic, Auto-TakeOff.. Climb to 50m, Rotate on Axis (i.e. FMOD #01) then Rotate the Default 5m Radius (i.e. FMOD #02), touched down.. xfer file to comp.. UnReadable!!! by Anything, not even Reg Version of QuickTimePro.., 2nd Attempt.. same flight characteristics.. No File(s) Found!! ($%^%$#^!!), 3rd Attempt perched on my desk.. seems the initialization procedure is.. AILE 0-to-1 for 2sec to START, same to STOP (Vid Cap)... hold it Longer than 2sec.. IT FORMATS the card!! hahhaha! they've GOT to be doing this kinda stuff on purpose... must be laughing their @$$'s off.. so anyway.. take some nice footage.. be careful with that swt.. monitor the RED-Dot, UPR Left Border of Scrn, But Dont Go Over 2sec..!! Oh and the Devo ReChargable battery!! the only way to go.. Flew 2 aircraft batteries.. didnt budge the ctrl'r batt (theres a real scoop eh..).. Guy. I think if you could Stock some parts and have them Avail within a few days of Order you'd prob do real well.. i ordered several spare parts (>400$) and had to go to 3 diff online vendors, and still didnt get all the parts i wanted.. without waiting for 20-30+days.. and its not that im in a real hurry for them.. but i dont want to have to monitor shipment tracking for the next month!! 1 of the Vendors website Reads.. and i Quote 'In Stock' and he is a CONUS vendor... turns out.. his stock is in BumfuQ, China.. another vendor.. implys in stock.. packing list, 2 items Back-Ordered.. so anyway... you setup a shop with some Stock On-Hand, Avail.. i'm sure i'll be a customer.. Sat morning now... think i'll stay up a few more hours til sun up... try that iLook+ again...
    Clear Skies
    ...ps.. if while in flight, you've taken some video, attempt to stop vid cap and see, Blue Window display 'Please Wait', you've just formatted the card. may as well stay aloft and shoot again...
    IIIDaemon
    www.GasRecovery.net

8. IIIDaemon

IIIDaemon Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Tali (DragonFly) H500 Owners: Suggestion,, lets build a database with the Serial#'s of our Tali's and maybe log the Problems.. we may in time be able to see a trend.. just a thought.. back when the 1st Canon 10D camera's came out.. lota guys were using them for AstroPhotography.. and it became very evident pretty quik that there was a series within the Serial#'s of Camera's with lack of a better term.. Sub-Standard Chips.. i.e. Excessive Dark Current, Noise, Amp Glow etc..etc.. Obviously there wasnt much you could do about it in terms of a refund or something... given that the 10D was not designed or 'Advertised' for AstroPhotograhy like say the 20Da was at the time.. But! if enough data/proof is compiled 'MMAYYBE we could then force a change/update from Walkera.. and if nothing else.. it would be real helpful on the used market... again just a thought..
    IIIDaemon
    Tali-H500 ser# 0114x310052
    www.GasRecovery.net

• Like Like x 2
  9. IIIDaemon

IIIDaemon Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    ...Guy, HobbyFlip.com ,, Orlando, FL..pretty good selection of parts, quik shipping (Levogyrate, LEFT or CCW / DextRogyrate, RIGHT or CW)

10. guy

guy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Finally got the correct motor. Soldered it in nicely, start it up, motor sputtering, test a different motor, same problem, must be the speed control board.Just ordered a speed control board for$33, be here next week.frustrating level is beyond controllable, about to go postal.$2000 in, 6 hours of fixing,1 hour of fighting with supply companies, so far,I have only gotten 5 seconds of flight time. Can any one please help me?