Successful use of Tali

Discussion in 'Walkera TALI H500' started by Tbs911, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Tbs911

Tbs911 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Newbie to your forum. I just purchased a new H500 Tali and I'm now thinking that I should have researched this drone throughly before purchasing, my bad. I read constant horror stories about this drone on your forum but little praise. I did take the time to read the FAQ getting started thread which I plan on following diligently and I do also have a lot of experience flying fixed wing RC planes so I'm not worried about flying in manual mode.

So my question is are there users out there that have owned this drone and flown it successfully for a few months?
    If yes is there any chance in flying this drone in GPS mode?

Thanks
    Tbs911

2. Buzztronic

Buzztronic Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yep, have done it. Works ok manual mode but sucks when windy for getting her back down again.

3. Tbs911

Tbs911 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Buzztronic, really looking forward to flying her in the coming days. I read through the "read this first" thread, that will come in handy. One question for you have you updated the firmware for the transmitter? If yes is there a firmware update for the Tali?
    Thanks

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +415 / 13
    There is no TX update. There is a FW update for the Tali, for motor start sync.

It flys fine if you follow the instructions I provided.

I have also updated one of mine with a Dual GPS. It makes a huge difference.

Also do not descend quickly vertically. It suffers from VRX. Always descend with some forward motion.

Cheers

P.S. I fly fixed and rotary wing and Multirotors.

You cant compare manual flight of a fixed wing to that of rotary or multirotor.

Flying fixed wing you set the throttle for your desired speed and don't change it much. You bank with Aileron and then apply elevator to turn. you may use rudder to coordinate turns.

Flying rotary wing you are constantly on the throttle, aileron, elevator and rudder. You will find yourself using all 4 stick directions all the time. Multirotor not quite as bad but still very different from fixed wing.

Flying these will make you a better fixed wing pilot. Enjoy. ;)

5. Tbs911

Tbs911 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks I will be giving this bird a try this weekend and I will follow your recommendations closely.