Signal Loss @ 60%-100% Throttle

Discussion in 'Walkera F210 3D' started by QuadKid, May 3, 2017.

1. QuadKid

QuadKid Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hey all, been flying my 210 3d the last couple of days started noticing some sputter & wobble initially, then today it flys great at low speeds to 60% throttle, when I punch it it sputters and a couple of times at full throttle loose signal altogether and it falls out of the sky? Sometimes I can recover if telemetry is regained.
    Don't know if it is the DEVO or the Quad, Any Ideas?

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +415 / 13
    If you have the radio programmed to Heli. This is what will happen as it will change flight modes over at that throttle setting.

Cheers

3. QuadKid

QuadKid Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks Brian, Switched to Aero but once I switch the Type to Heli the f210 doesn't want to bind, back to heli & it binds up ok?

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +415 / 13
    Not sure what your issue is. You need to create a new model configuration and Start with Airplane mode and program it up from the Quick start Guide.

Using Helicopters will cause Problems on Throttle up. If you stay on heli at least change the swash type to fixed from CCPM.

5. QuadKid

QuadKid Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Will do, Thanks Brian

6. QuadKid

QuadKid Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hey Brian,
    Followed your instructions and the F210 is flying well, no more sputter or stalls, set to Aero.
    The last thing I would like to do is set my FMOD switch to Pos 0/Beginner - Pos 2/Horizon - Pos 3/Acro.
    I read the manual not sure if I have to use the MIX Switch to do this. Cannot seem to find where to do this. Kinda lost a little bit here.
    Thanks for any input, you have been a great help !

7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +415 / 13
    Its the Mix switch and this is the page in the instructions that you have to get correct.

Switch.jpg

8. Lukezen27

Lukezen27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Walkera switch re-assign is quite confusing in my opinion but they are all mod or changeable :)

I'm pretty sure Devo 7 and 10 are for the most part the same to config (Brian correct me if I'm wrong)

When in doubt I resort back to this cool How To because its shows clearly how you have to go into two separate menus to config the the one switch and more

How To: 6 Flight Modes in APM 2.5 using a DEVO-10

9. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +415 / 13
    Yea,

All computer radios are confusing until you learn how to drive them.

Some are more confusing than others. Deviation is the most powerful I have seen but its logic is totally different to all other computer radios.

I had a look at the reference. And while its OK for the Devo setup the APM info is wrong.

Like most people new to this hobby. Way too many assumptions made about software and hardware interaction. if you were a software engineer you would understand.

Its like assuming that what you did with Windows XP is the same as what you would do with Windows 10. And everything is the same and doesn't matter if you were using genuine IBM hardware or a Chinese clone.

The Devo 7 and Devo 10 are very different.

The Devo 10 can do everything that the Devo 7 can do but lots more. The 7 is very restrictive compared to the 10. The most obvious example is Dual rates.

As a good rule of thumb, never change any setting in the FC when you can achieve the same outcome with the TX.

Cheers Brian

p.s. What most people don't understand is what you have been discovering with the 210 ESCs. The hardware in the models change from one manufacturing batch to the next. The only testing done is with the OEM firmware and the supported update tools.

So what one guy posts on the net with one Hardware batch may brick someone with a later Hardware batch.

Modifying FW and tools is not for beginners and requires enough skills and operational process to be able to return your model back to OEM settings if it goes awry.

Unfortunately beginners think that all the see on Youtube is gospel.

Keeps us busy here fixing peoples mistakes.

10. QuadKid

QuadKid Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks Brian, will set up accordingly, gonna fly this morning will let you know.