Several Walkera Runner 250 Pro Questions from an FPV Wana-be...

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250 Pro' started by Video-Drone, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Video-Drone

Video-Drone New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So I bought a RTF Walkera Runner 250 Pro from TomTop and ran into a few problems:

1. The ad spoke of this great camera and that you can insert a micro SD card fromt he gear switch on the toggle recording. Even the manual shows this, but my camera has no micro-slot. Now I might be ugly but I am not that dumb (I hope) that can't see an micro-SD card slot. TomTop said there is one there and simply neaver heard from them again so whats the deal? Is there a way to mount a gopro or something to get better video? Here is a piture too of the quad and manual side by side: (there is a second question below also)[​IMG]
    2. The throttle stick is not self centering on the remote so in GPS mode it holds well in X & Y coordinates, yet in Z (altitude) it drifts up and down (see video here: ). Is there something I am missing or a hack I can to correct this? As I fly a lot over water and want to stay at the altitude I set it and not change.

Thanks in advance!

2. skinnez

skinnez Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This quad has two camera options. You've got the 800TVL which has no record function and is 720 resolution. The one that has record is 1080p and the sd slot is underneath. You're not missing much I've tried both. Stick a GoPro on top of the gps module.

The throttle stick is supposed to be like that.

Cheers

J

3. Video-Drone

Video-Drone New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does sticking the camera on the GPS module affect its performance? Also understand (sort of the stick is suppose to be like that) however should it not hover at a fixed height? Thanks :)

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +414 / 13
    Yes do not stick a Camera on the GPS module. It will cause the GPS signal to be lost and also effect the Compass. You need to mount an alternate camera on the body elsewhere.

Or upgrade to the HD camera. Its plug and play. It uses a different connector, both camera sockets are available on the drone.

5. skinnez

skinnez Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My bad, I hardly use the GPS so wasn't bothered about that. I was considering the runcam split, as the record quality on the 1080p wasn't great (could be down to vibration). But you will lose your drone OSD. I use the 1080p option now which isn't bad but you can't get rid of the silly camera osd when using fpv. Just so you know.

Cheers

J

6. Video-Drone

Video-Drone New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any ideas where I can order the 1080p camera version? I saw a PAL version on eBay, however not NTSC...

7. Video-Drone

Video-Drone New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks as I also looked at the Runcam Split, but mounting that extra board and everything looked like pain. Was thinking about just adding a Banggood DVR to the existing camera but that seem wanky...

8. skinnez

skinnez Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Helipal?

9. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +414 / 13
    PAL / NTSC it doesn't matter. You will get better images in PAL. You don't view the video on a TV anyway. Its irrelevant in this case. You either send it to a 5.8Ghz Analogue signal or view a codec based video file or JPG on the SD card.

Just google the part number. Also try Aliexpress.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jokruger

Jokruger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I need to know if any one has any experience mounting a gopro under the runner 250 drone, exists some reported while the drone is landing????, can I extend the landing gear to keep the equilibrium while the drone is landing. (Sorry for my english)