Scout x4 problems

Discussion in 'Walkera Scout X4' started by Ruslanas, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Ruslanas

Ruslanas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dear blabla, we experience some kind of problems in particular flight mode with Scout x4. Issues appers just when controlling drone via ipad GCS interface. Aproximately after 1,5 minutes, message about empty battery appears and drone imediately falls down. Aftes double checking of battery it is always not less than 80 percents. When controlling of drone just via devo remote, no problems appear at all. What can be a reason of such misbehaviour? Kind regards and thanks in advance.

2. chase

chase Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Do you mean it lands itself? Or do you mean the Scout literally shuts down dropping to the ground?

I don't know if I can help here or not but, first check to see that you have the latest version of WK-GCS installed on your iPad.

I've only had the app installed a couple weeks on my android device and just now in going to Google Play, there's an update for the app. Supposedly it fixes a bunch of bugs and connectivity issues.

The last review states "Finally... working great on the Scout X4!". As well as several 5 star ratings thereafter. If that's any indicator, many issues with the GCS may have been resolved.

Whether they have this update for iOS yet, I don't know... But it's a good place to start to problem solve your issue.

Make sure you have all the latest firmware installed as well. In the Scout, the TX...

If you still have the issue after checking all is up to date software wise. I'd email the developer of the iOS GCS and see what they have to say.

At this time, that's about all I can offer up to help you out.

Perhaps someone more experienced with the iOS version or GCS app in general will help you out further.

Hope you get it resolved,
    - chase -

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +415 / 13
    If you are using an iPad then you are using the IOS version. Walkera have not been supporting IOS for some time now. The latest version is reported to be very buggy.

4. chase

chase Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Good to know as personally I've was looking at iPad as an alternative for the GCS.

It may help you to know that in my personal research on the Walkera GCS, if that's what your using, they did most of their testing of the GCS software during development on Samsung products from what I understand.

Tas(?) Another Scout X4 pilot, or ex Scout pilot I should say, wrote he used an inexpensive Netbook for the GCS.

Though he has decent info on his pages, you must keep in mind his writings are pre-udate to the firmware add hardware found on Scout X4's today, or the replacement parts. That said because he's somewhat negative about the Scout having switched to DJI. Which btw are plagued with issues of their own.

You might want to find a friend that wouldn't mind you trying out the Android version on their mobile device or tablet. See how it goes. If all works out. Pick up a proven device that works well with the WK-GCS app.

Speaking of which, and not to hijack the thread...

Who's had success with what tablet or mobile device with the GCS app? It'd be nice to get a list of proven devices going.

- chase -

5. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +415 / 13
    The BT hardware is different for the Apple and Android versions.

There are some releases of Hardware that can have either FW versions applied.

You would need to check the HW versions in the TX and RX to tell.

This is the Formal Version Chart and Capabilities.

There are 2 versions of aircraft packages sold, Android and iOS.
    Make sure you have purchased the IOS version package if you prefer iOS. It is two separate distinctive firmware and model. The box will say Apple iOS.
    WK-iGCS on the App Store

To inspect it, you look at the BT.
    GCS BT Receiver-----------
    1) 2401B X4U.S (Android Version)-FCC

2) 2402B X4 European(Android Version)-CE

3) 2403B X4 ios U.S (ios Version)- FCC

4) 2404B European (ios version) - CE

Onboard Aircraft BT Transmitter---------------
    BT2401A****** 1st edition, Android Only

BT2401NA is the 2nd edition, upgradable to iOS

BT2401NA205 0306 upgradable to iOS

BT2403NA205 ****** upgradable to iOS

BT2403NA405 ****** Android Only

The firmwares are available for download if you choose to upgrade.