RX701 / Devo7 No stick movement

Discussion in 'Walkera Devention Radios' started by nicksmithwastaken, Oct 28, 2016.

1. nicksmithwastaken

nicksmithwastaken New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, new to forum, lots of good advice. I've poked around and can't seem to find an answer, this seems like something simple, but for the life of me I can't solve it.

I've built an Eachine Raver 250(naze32) drone and I'm using my Devo7 radio TX with a new never used RX701 receiver.

I've binded the receiver and connected it to cleanflight. Everything has been calibrated, stick movements on the transmitter show up in cleanflight in the receiver tab in the correct channel arrangement. I've set the modes up using my aux 1 channel using the stick positions. And I've calibrated the ESCs. The motors work when I turn them on directly in Cleanflight.

Here's my problem, my transmitter wont activate the drone at all. Which I find strange since Cleanflight is picking up signals from my receiver.The motors don't respond at all to my transmitter.

What am I doing wrong? Is there some simple switch in Cleanflight that I haven't activated?
    Any help would greatly be appreciated. I've been at this for a week now.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +296 / 10
    The Walkera channel outputs are different to most other radios.

Most are Futaba format AETR. Walkera use EATR so the Elevator and Aileron channels are reversed to normal radios and what Cleanflight would expect.

Have you taken this into account?

Chers

3. nicksmithwastaken

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes as far as I know.
    All stick controls look correct and respond in Cleanflight on the appropriate channels. The receiver tab shows the transmitter as active and functioning but the motors don't spin.
    I reflashed the chip and the everything worked until I calibrated the ESCs, then it stopped working again. On second reflash the bootloader failed and it appears to be bricked. Maybe I got a bad Naze32...

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +296 / 10
    Did you have the power on the model when you did the flash.

Sometimes the flashing current is too great for the USB port and the connection drops out mid flash.

This bricks the FC.

It may be possible to set the FC to basic bootload agin. You would need to read upon the FC.

Cheers

5. nicksmithwastaken

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah it may have been, thats good to know, won't do that again in the future. Looking up now how to short the bootloader pins, although its a Naze32 10DOF, so documentation has been limited.