Rx problems. walkera 180d

Discussion in 'Walkera Helicopters' started by Joshua Linderman, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Joshua Linderman

Joshua Linderman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So I got this used excees rc heli wont communicate with the rx. It has an exceed rx 2423 that i can no longer get. Its a walkera 180d rebranded I believe. Can I use any walkera 2.4ghz rx to replace it? Or what other rx/speed controllers will bind to the TX? Sorry im new to helis

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    That uses a WK-2402 transmitter. There was a big change many years ago when Walkera went to the Devo 4 to F12E radio series (Devention) protocol. Prior to that they had a different protocol with the WK-2402 transmitter. You cannot source any RXs that are WK-2402 compatible.

You could only sell this as spares you will not be able to make it functional if the rx is shot.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Cheers

3. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    Forgot to add if you do want to get into flying helicopters I can give you some advice and direct you to what would be a cost effective beginners helis.

Some of my larger ones with my heli security guard. :), My hanging storage helis. You can never have enough helis. :)

IMG_2232.jpeg 61001613826__9F7EA932-234B-4DD7-9801-5B547F2562B9.jpg IMG_3114.jpeg

Cheers

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Joshua Linderman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Correct on the wk-2402. So should I try to find a devo 4 radio/rx? I primarily fly planes so I have a futaba fasst radio.. I have flown a few small helis before just to goof with at home instead of toting planes to the field. However the lipos were junk so i ordered a new battery to see if this thing will communicate. Could of just been low voltage not sure yet.
    Thanks for your response

5. Joshua Linderman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And whay rx work with the devention tx?

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    The helis have a combined RX and FC. The Walkera ones are quite expensive if you can find them. I don't think that any that are available now will work with that heli.

Only the Super CP and the V450D03 Are still being produced in limited numbers.

The best bet for you would be to buy this heli with the Futaba FHSS adapter. This is a fixed pitch 4 channel.

Eachine E119 2.4G 4CH 6-Axis Gyro Flybarless RC Helicopter RTF 3pcs 4pcs Batteries Version RC Drones from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com

Eachine E119 RC Helicopter Part Receiver Board Compatible With FUTABA FHSS  RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com

You can also go for any of the XK Range that are BNF with your Futaba radio. They are collective pitch 6 channel

XK K110 Blast 6CH Brushless 3D6G System RC Helicopter BNF RC Drones from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com

Cheers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Joshua Linderman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its a 2.4 Fassr radio bout 10 years old. Good news is I rigged a 2s truck battery up to see if it was a low voltage issue and it was. So I ordered 2 new Batts. Stinks cant get many parts for it tho.

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    Great you got it sorted, happy flying. :)