Runner(C), CC3D Thread

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250' started by brian6674, Jun 20, 2016.

1. brian6674

brian6674 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I added a CC3D FC to my regular runner. After some tuning using LibrePilot I have it flying great. I have been having fun trying different settings using the flight mode switch.

Not much talk with the CC3D FC yet. So I thought I would set up a dedicated tred for it.

Next thing I want to explore in LibrePilot is setting up the red tail lights. They flash to indicate what flight mode you are in. I want to see if LibrePilot can control this. I would like to just set them up to be off=Disarmed, On solid= Armed. Maybe even set them up to flash like the regular Runner did when the voltage dropped to a given value????

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +437 / 14
    Good idea I have tidied up the thread name.

I don't believe that Walkera are manufacturing this model anymore so the only way to get one would be to create one as you have done.

3. brian6674

brian6674 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    They are using the Advanced frame for the (C). So I thought the (C) was their newest model. Why so short lived?

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +437 / 14
    I assume user issues with uses overriding the Walkera FW for generic. The also dropped the non GPS Furious 320.

Many people have bricked both and not been able to recover.

Make sure you only use Walkera FW and not generic.

5. brian6674

brian6674 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I have been flying my Runner 250 with a Walkera CC3D FC for a few months now. I flew my other Runner 250 today, been sitting the last few months, and I like the CC3D much better. I think the CC3D flies better. The Regular and Advanced Runner seem more notchy feel. Seems like you spend a lot of time correcting your last input. But the LibrePilot software for the CC3d may be the reason. Very nice! So much more to work with.

Not much talk with the CC3D. Any one else out there flying one?

6. FlyingEyeball

FlyingEyeball New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am upgrading a 250r to the CC3D flight controller and lost the settings during a firmware update. Can some one post the factory CC3D settings from the LibrePilot GCS config screens. The radio settings for throttle are not working. I can get pitch, yaw and roll but no throttle.

Thanks in advance.

7. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +437 / 14
    You do realise that you can only load Walkera Firmware to this FC. Generic FW will not work.

8. brian6674

brian6674 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I would suggest going through the set up wizard again. That should fix your throttle problem. If not, check your ribbon cable next.

9. cv_flyboy

cv_flyboy Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    @bjr981s: As I understood it, with the 250(c) controller, it would take LibrePilot downloads that were not Walkera specific.

The 250(r) controller, you would definitely need the Walkera Firmware or the MultiWii 2.4 that is SPECIFICALLY PORTED for the Runners and NOT the generic MultiWii code.

I am just seeking a bit of clarification on your statement because that is not what one would gather reading the instructions when purchasing the 250(c) controller. I am still in a bit of shock hearing that people have to also upgrade the OSD module when they purchase the 250(c) controller. Do you know if that is also accurate?

10. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +437 / 14
    The 2.4 specially ported is a single persons hack. It takes lots of people and flight hours to test FC software. It is an, "as is" hack. Use at your own risk.

All Walkera FCs are proprietary. If you read the details of the 2.4 hack video and listen to how he had to decode the Walkera OSD data steam it will give you some idea as to how proprietary the Walkera FCs are.

Some will allow you to load "Walkera Firmware" via cleanflight etc. Some will allow you to change configuration settings. But the "OPEN SOURCE" FW has been modified (optimised Walkera would say) to support the Walkera Quad electronics.

The 250 FC hardware is a classic. They even cloned the FTDI chip so they would not have to pay royalties etc. The reason only backdated drivers work with Multiwii.

The real bottom line here is you can have many hours of flying enjoyment with these Walkera models.

Fiddle with them and eventually it will end in tears.

Cheers

p.s. you should be able to answer this yourself now. I don't know the definitive answer but......

From the 2.4 video. OSD to FC is proprietary protocol. Standard and Advance is Multiwii. So OSD is proprietary Multiwii. I would suspect that CC3D to OSD would not be proprietary Multiwii compatible.

You can then work backwards and suspect that the Walkera OSD for CC3D would then not work for Generic CC3D FW.

Again just a can of worms that should be left alone.