runner 250 rear light error codes

Discussion in 'Walkera Help!' started by Hound, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Hound

Hound New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    On powerup the rear lights flash 12 times together quickly the begin to slowly blink alternatively. battery is fresh 12.6 v. It does not matter whether the radio is off or on this happens.

Also yesterday when flying I had it simply drop the air twice when it was about 75 feet away and half throttle. Any help will be appreciated

2. Braddles

Braddles New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also have the problem of the alternatively flashing red leds. Along with that my motors will only spin up to 5% and the quad will not get of the ground. Can't find answers anywhere. Very frustrating and annoying.

3. rektrishun

rektrishun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Sorry to dig up old stuff, but I'm also having this issue. Any ideas yet?

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +554 / 16
    Both the Runner and the Runner Advanced flash both rear lights quickly on powerup.

They should both do this until either the battery goes flat or the TX binds.

As soon as the TX binds both rear LEDs on on Runner and Advanced will flash slowly while they execute their internal self tests.

Once the self check is complete on the standard both lights will go out. On the advanced the Left will stay on and the Right will go out. Once the GPS on the advanced locks 5 satellites the rear left will go out indicating safe to fly GPS. It will blink once for each additional sat in in the lock with a pause at the end of the sequence then start again.

If your Runner does not behave this way then the best check is to connect it to MultiWii and check its internal status.

5. Braddles

Braddles New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello rektrishun,

The problem was only resolved when I replaced the power board. Nothing else that I tried fixed the problem.

I must say that I don't think the Runner 250 is a very good Quad. I have had nothing but problems with mine. The main issue is that it will not hover. It seems to have a mind of it's own. I have sorght assistance from others who have the Runner 250 but nothing helps. The last time I flew it I had to fight to just keep it steady and then it just took of straight up into the air and then before I could regain any sort of control it crashed back to earth quite heavily causing more damage which in turn caused me to have to but more parts.

I'm sick of it.

Mine is now sitting gathering dust. I think I will either cannabalize it for parts or sell it to someone who needs parts.

I hope you have more fun with yours that I have had with mine.

6. Mitchsaidfahq

Mitchsaidfahq New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After binding my walkera advanced my right light keeps blinking in one second intervals and motors throttle high speed at low throttle command on controller i then plugged into multii wii and get error code 17 and 18

7. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +554 / 16
    What transpired between it working normally and this failure?