Runner 250 FirmWare Download

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250' started by brian6674, May 21, 2016.

1. brian6674

brian6674 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I would like to update the firmware on my Runner 250. Seems to fly great, have about five flights on it. But the red tail lights start to flash in a short time. After, the battery will still hold over 11V at a 4A load. Looking into this there is a fix for this in a firmware update. But looks like the download is a broken link in the Walkera web site. A little elephant pops up with Chinese symbols.

Is Walkera not allowing downloads for the Runner 250 for some reason? The Runner Advanced firmware link is O.K. But I have the normal runner 250.

Any other safe place to get the update?

Thanks!

Brian

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +429 / 13
    The update to extend the battery warning I would not use. It drops the warning down to 3.3V per cell.

Any imbalance on the battery would mean that a single cell could go below 3.3V which would damage the cell.

It may be that this update has been withdrawn for a reason.

I have the standard update for the idle up. I will try and post it here if you need that update.

Cheers

3. brian6674

brian6674 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks bjr,

Any advantage of this idle up firmware vs. setting the trim, so it idles up, and using one on the switches to arm/disarm? I have it set up this way and like the idea of a quick flip of a switch turns the motors off. Like during/after crash.

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +429 / 13
    I have also implemented a Throttle up And Throttle Curve rather than use this update.

Have you thought about upgrading it to an advanced? There is a thread here on the upgrade.

Cheers Brian

5. brian6674

brian6674 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    This is my first quad, just got it 5/20. I will look into the advanced and see what is involved. Minus the GPS and OSD is there any difference? Flight controller better? My Runner came with a camera, OSD and I have the Walkera Goggles. But I have not installed the camera or OSD as of yet.

I did finally get the Flyconfig to work and only did the 10V update. On mine seems to work well, cuts it off ~10.5V. I am only going to use one battery for a while to make sure. But it will fly almost 9 min vs. 3 now before the tail lights start to flash.

The update worked, but I could not get anything else to work in Flyconfig. Should it?

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +429 / 13
    Pretty much the same other than the direction lights on the arms.

The earlier Standards had different KV motors but they both ship the same now.

The GPS is a lot easier to fly FPV and an insurance policy if you fly beyond FPV range, and lose video. You can command a RTH and recover once FPV signal is reestablished.

Also helps if you get jammed by another Walkera model. They all default to the same channel.

Make sure you land ASAP as soon as that light starts flashing. You are right on the threshold of Cell damage.

Cheers

7. brian6674

brian6674 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Is there a way to check/look at what firmware is running on the controller? Can this be done with flyconfig?

8. brian6674

brian6674 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hello bjr981s,

You are right about the 10V firmware update. It is O.K. for just hovering in your yard. But I have been flying in a large field trying to do figure eights. The higher load of moving around, and sometimes the quad is facing the wrong direction when the lights start to flash, there is very little time. And low volting the cells.

Question:

Is there any way to set the “Flash” voltage? It looks like it may be a setting in Flyconfig. But it looks like the runner in not compatible. Any open source programs? Even if not supported by Walkera?

Thanks!

9. wasistdas

wasistdas Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    How to check and reset firmware for basic ordinary Runner 250?

10. wasistdas

wasistdas Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I tried both MP and Walkera's FlyConfig to connect to X350 Permium contorller and two FCS Runner 250 controllers I have, all the time I get Mavlink timout and connection failed. ANy idea?