Runner 250 advance modifications, or one more hello

Discussion in 'Walkera Runner 250 Advanced / Modding Forum' started by Vark, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Vark

Vark New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I'm new to this forum. Want to post some thoughts, questions and maybe some videos.

Introduction
    I have Runner advance for a few month already. This is my first FPV quad. I've bought it cause I wanted something flying out of the box.

And when it comes to just flying around in stab mode, it's really good and reliable. I've even tried to fly with very hight wind(around 27km/h, 15knots) and it felt ok. Ex. footage between trees with hight wind.

Problem
    But after I learn to fly some basics, I really enjoyed to fly in acro mode. For a video recording it much more stable, and all the flips and rolls are felt awesome. So I'm trying to fly in rate mod all the time, except maybe for landing.
    And the problem is that when it comes to acro I'm really disappointed with my Runner.
    It's very unstable on some aggressive moves, not powerful enough to fast recover from flips...

Question/Solution
    I want to do modification on my Runner, to make it more like a racing drone.
    There are a lot of videos where people fly on upgraded Runners, but it's hard to find detailed info what and why was actually done.
    So, if somebody know some discussions/tutorials on updated motors, esc, 4s?, please share.
    Looking through the mod posts here, haven't found much answers.
    I'll want to post my modification here, when I'll done them, if this is appropriate content here.

Some footage of my learning to fly in acro, maybe it will help to better understand what I'm talking about.

Thank you in advance! Hope it's not very noobe topic

2. Chris Smith

Chris Smith New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know this is kind of an old post but by any chance did you ever figure out any answers to your questions? If you are still interested I have been working on my Runner 250 DIY kit and have done a bunch of modifications to it that I am about to make a posting about. The runner is way under powered I am not sure why Walkera has made it that way but I guess it is what it is. I currently have 6" props and 2204 KingKong motors with their 12a Opto esc's on my runner and I have BLheli firmware on the esc's and with the upgraded Flight Controller I have 3D mode enabled. I have to wait to try it out but first tests say that it will fly as expected.