Rodeo 150 problem

Discussion in 'Walkera Help!' started by matspann, Dec 10, 2016.

1. matspann

matspann New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys just wondering if anybody can help me, ive recently completed a conversion of my rodeo150 to a Diatone et160 frame everything went well with the build and my new build flew great on the test flight however when i conected it to cleanflight 1.2.4 i accidently pressed reset and everything went downhill from there all the settings had changed pids increased considerably and all other settings changed also.cleanflight 1.2.4 doesnt allow me to change pids with a decimal point the drone just flips over on take off if anybody could help that would be brilliant thanks Mat.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +296 / 10
    Cleanflight 1.2.4 is not compatible with the F150.

You must use cleanflight 1.2.0. It is in our resources section. You will need to also reset all the settings using the latest FW update package. Reload the text settings file from this package.

Cheers Brian

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. matspann

matspann New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Many many thanks Brian i managed to install 1.2.0 re flashed the board with firmware and everything is now back to normal it flies great again happy flying
    cheers Mat

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +296 / 10
    Excellent. Your welcome thats what we are here for. Glad you got it all sorted.

Cheers

5. BreadStick

BreadStick New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not entirely true.. I run CF 1.2.4 with my rodeo electronics on a Diatone grasshopper 160mm frame and it used to fly like a charm untill one of my motor bearings crapped out on me.

I did have some issues after updating to 1.2.4, especially with the pid tuning settings being all different, but after flashing my FC to the latest firmware this was all solved.

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +296 / 10
    Look. This is all well and good for you BUT:

If members follow the instructions that Walkera provide to update Firmware and set the configuration settings from the FW update package and Use CF 1.2.4 they will trash their FC.:eek:

Try reading the F210 threads.:eek:

Please do not confuse the members here who do not have your tweaking skills.;)

Cleanflight version 1.2.4 is not compatible and that is entirely true.:)

Try reading the OPs Post. Tell him that his problem was not entirely a problem.o_O

Cheers Brian

7. BreadStick

BreadStick New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did read OPs post, and never have stated OPs problem is not entirely a problem, because it is a problem!

The solution provided here however, is not entirely correct.

I actually did the exact same thing while rebuilding the rodeo electronics on a real frame, including hitting the reset button before showing my prettiest stupid-face because I really did just hit Reset without thinking about it. And sure, it is a real problem when your firmware is not supported by cleanflight anymore. But rolling back updates to ensure compatibility is really not a solution, and forces end-users to work with obsolete software in the end. And thats an entirely different problem, as this issue will keep popping up after every cleanflight update that comes through.

Also, I think it's really unfair to give incomplete information to end users. Being up to date with Cleanflight gives you so much better flight-experience. Sure, not everyone is going to take the entire thing apart to solder the boot jumpers to flash firmware, but that doesn't make it uncompatible. Saying so is just bad customer service in my opinion, and Walkera should know better. It's really easy to just hand over the correct and complete information to customers and let them decide for themselves wether or not they want to upgrade firmware or downgrade cleanflight. Walkera really doesn't get that yet, so it seems.

So CF1.2.4 is entirely compatible, as long as you run the correct firmware.

I entirely dislike being called a liar.

8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +296 / 10
    Firstly nobody called you a liar.

You have a completely warped perspective on this Hobby and the products that exist.

Your comment is silly. Its like saying yes the Ford carburettor is completely compatible with the GM. "If you put a Ford motor in the GM".

Walkera have a process to operate and support their models just because you don't like it does not make it wrong.

Walkera does not Support burning generic firmware into your Walkera Models.

Do whatever silly things you want to do to your now broken quad. Its your quad.

Please don't recommend to other members do this same and break theirs.

For your information your logic is flawed as you cant keep updating Software functionality without the Hardware support to match it.

Your thinking like Apple where you charge Force HW updates every 12 months.

Walkera provide a HW, SW, FM integrated platform. You cant just go off willy nilly and change one corner of this triangle.

Cheers

9. BreadStick

BreadStick New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Amazing, you can draw this conclusion from a total of 3 posts on an online forum. Are you trying to insult me purposely or what's the idea of this remark?
    Please do not judge my knowledge of, but especially my perspective on this hobby based on no information at all. Jumping to conclusions is never a good way to have a technical discussion.

This is a totally different situation. Walkera has not created it's own firmware. The only issue here is that cleanflight has been updating some things, and at some point the old firmware will not be compatible with the new software.

That's the issue here, and to solve that you have 2 options:

1. Rollback updates on the configuration software (cleanflight) as per your suggestion. This will certainly work, however, end users will for ever be stuck on the old cleanflight version. New fuctions will never be available this way.

2. upgrade FC firmware: Sure, some more complex steps have to be taken to do so, but you will be completely up to date, nice new functionality will be made available, and as long as your hardware will support and you have the skills to flash your FC this will always be the way to go.

Again, calling people stupid (or silly, or having a warped perspective) on the internet does not prove your point! You are just creating conflict this way. Unneeded conflict. These discussions can go in 2 directions:
    1. People start calling each other names and being unfriendly. Results in nothing but a bad feeling an both sides
    2. People try to have a constructive discussion, resulting in the sharing of knowledge from both sides, and maybe even an understanding of each others points of view. There might even be a possibility to learn something.

Calling people silly simply because they disagree with you is not constructive.You come off rather unfriendly this way. You, as a moderator should be aware of this.

Actually, my quad flies perfectly at the moment. It performs a lot better with the new SF/FW combo. nothing silly about that. I do have some hardware issues with the motors, their life expectancy is not too long and replacement parts don't seem to fit.

True. One can not keep updating software without the hardware to back it up. However, I'm fairly certain that the spracing f3 controller the f150 uses is totally supporting the new firmware. If you have any real information that shows otherwise I'd really like to see, but for now I think, as my quad flies perfectly, I have all the new Cleanflight functionality available my point has been proven.

Just calling my logic flawed is not an argument. Again, it creates a sense of unfriendliness. You are not proving your point this way.

You can, as long as you know what you are doing :)

Again. My quad flies great. It does this because I know what I am doing, and especially, I know when to stop experimenting.

10. Rob Thome

Rob Thome New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh , Im sick to my Stomach I really don't know what i'm doing , very new to this . I bought my first Wakera 150 Rodeo and before ever flying it was watching this video , I thought he did an excellent job explaining things and the Mods made sence so I tried them out. I did something wrong apparently because now I cannot even start it up or get it to bind and when i try connecting it to realflight and my radio it just beeps endlessly and wont even connect to real-fight now . is there a reset ?