Rodeo 150 does not make the last beeps on startup

Discussion in 'Walkera Rodeo 150' started by Kimpanh, Aug 2, 2018.

1. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +540 / 15
    You need to Reload the FW and the default settings included in the FW pack. Then you should be fine.

Do the same for the Runner.

64 Year old Father of 3 Grandfather of 5. Keeping them all up to date on Drones is expensive. :eek:

2. 13ruce

13ruce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    i bet it is ha ha . I have done that quite a few times but still getting no joy . i can still see the fc in cleanflight and all the values seem to match that of the default setting from a video that ive found .
    its strange it just does the first tone (dar der dee) and that's it no blinking leds just the bright 1 and if i link it to clean flight it does the second part of the tune and led flashes but not the continuous bleep . im going to have a another go at re flashing the firmware
    my steps are
    1: link my drone to my pc
    2: open cleanflight 1.20 chrome app
    3: select "firmware flasher"
    4: select "load local firmware" button
    5: use downloaded flie "150F3_V1.0.4.hex"
    6: hold the boot button and click flashfirmware
    7: click connect
    8: in the setup section click "restore" using file "config_v1.3.txt"
    is that right anything im missing

3. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +540 / 15
    That is the correct procedure

Can you confirm using 1.20 Take a screenshot of intro page and post here.

Did you have any prior issues with Drone before problem? e.g. post crash?

Cheers

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +540 / 15
    Also when you load the FW do a Full chip erase.

5. 13ruce

13ruce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    thanks pal . for some strange reason i cannot even flash it now im getting boot loader failed errors .
    the drone was working but at half throttle before i tried to figure out the problem on cleanflight . thought it was my receiver and now im thinking that because my battery was low on my receiver maybe it was in fail safe mode because of low strength signal (or maybe not) i had a crash around 6 weeks ago but nothing major in impact but it did land in a river (doh) the thing was still alive int he river only 1 of the esc had popped .i fixed that but 1 more esc was failing under low speeds (the other day first and last flight) . which has just clicked in my brain that when the motors are under 1000 esc1 fails to start until around 1100 .any how i didn't know that then so i fiddled with my receiver and reset it n couldn't get it to take off . i transferred my friends runner 250 (which displays "ray" as the model name ??) setting and it worked . but the esc1 was still failing on takeoff and cause it to flip . So being the total genius that i am i though ill plug it into my pc and see what i can do in cleanflight ,maybe calabrate my escs or something or gyro is wrong . did the esc and the gyro but the usb was a bit tricky on the drone and kept disconnecting . i never even changed anything in pid values but had a disconnect in there the drone did a bleep (like it was taking its last breath) then it would no longer connect or even do the full startup tone . "nooooooooo please god nooooo take my crappy drone not the rodeo" ahem ..
    hope this helps if not hope it make you chuckle

Attached Files:

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +540 / 15
    Water and Electronics don't Mix. You need to completely disassemble the drone and clean all the contacts for the FC and all other removable leads.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  7. 13ruce

13ruce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes been doing that cleaned it with isoproanol alcohol. I'm a electrical engineer . But the thing is nothing was wrong with the fc before i got the disconnection in clean flight. The water damage has caused 1 esc to pop and another on its way out . I've flown it since i had the disaster in the river . In clean flight i can control the motors and everything i just cant get it to bind or even search when switched on . If i bought a new flight controller do you think that would be all I'd need
    Quick edit : just managed to flash the fc again ,I've noticed that if i unplug the fc then it makes the same startup tune , i only get the second part when i plug the usb into the fc so the (dar der) tune is linked to the fc . But being able to control the motors and see gyro and stuff .
    I'm not giving up on this I'll put some videos on you tube and buy a new fc to start with

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  8. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +540 / 15
    You cannot perform any Function in Cleanflight it will corrupt your default settings.

You can only use it to Flash FW and Load / Save default settings.

Refresh again and make sure that you do the Full Chip erase on it as you install the FW again.

Cheers

9. Kimpanh

Kimpanh New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can still not get my one connected with cleanflight cause it just says "Failed to open serial port". Please help. I changed th flightcontroller so i guess it just blank right now so thats why i try to flash th firmware into the board but im just getting "failed to open serial port". Im using cleanflight 1.2.0 version.

Kim

10. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +540 / 15
    What flight controller did you change it to? Is it the correct controller?