Rodeo 150 does not make the last beeps on startup

Discussion in 'Walkera Rodeo 150' started by Kimpanh, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Kimpanh

Kimpanh New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have tried with it in the drone and with the battery connected but i still cant it to work, i cant find ant instruction on how to do it either

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +482 / 14
    Can you take a screenshot.

3. Kimpanh

Kimpanh New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Of what?

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +482 / 14
    Sorry of you trying to connect to the FX.

5. 13ruce

13ruce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Please help me . I'm a total noob and a Messer. First of all i totally reset my devo 7 with the factoy rodeo 150 setting , i managed to get it kinda working by transferring the rodeo 110 settings (110 out of action burnt out esc) but while messing in cleanflight 1.20 it disconnected by mistake and now my r150 won't make the second beep tone and won't bind . I'm considering buying a new fc but thinking it could be a software fault . I've reflashed the firmware but no change . Please help me this is a hobby that I'm getting very intrested in and would like to learn . Atm I'm at the trial and error stage (but stuck in error) but with some help i could be the 1 instructing noobs like me
    I own rodeo 150,rodeo 110 and saving for the 250 runner . Thanks guys

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +482 / 14
    You can have a both the 110 and the 150 on your TX at the same time. You have 16 model configs. You just need to select Model number from the model Menu.

Set them both up and I recommend that you activate Fixed ID once they are bound and ready to fly.

You have corrupted the Firmware with the disconnect. But it is fixable. You need to gain access to the FC and force the Chip back to Factory chip reset. This is done by shorting out 2 pins while you power on. I don't know the pin numbers offhand but they are documented on this site.

Once you have done that connect it to Cleanflight V1.2 and re-flash the firmware and then restore the default settings. These are in our resources tab on the main page.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  7. 13ruce

13ruce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction . i can have a good search now to reset the fc . Yeah that's right i figured out that i can change the models for each drone i buy so they can all work with 1 controller . Ive also transferred the runner 250 setting to the reciver so i got 3 sets ,150 (messed up) ,110 (factory) and 250 runner (not sure pos modded) .
    thanks again

8. 13ruce

13ruce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've forced the chip back into factory (i think) and also reflashed firmware and config but still no joy . Its just making the first startup tone and nothing else . This has got me pretty stumped . I think there is something small im missing . Anybody got 5 mins to point me to a link to the forum or instructions on how to do it . I've uploaded some pid settings if anyone can correct me . Thanks

Attached Files:

9. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +482 / 14
    You cannot change the Pids. To do so will corrupt your FC default settings.

I assume that this was for your Runner? You can check settings with MultiWiiwinGUI that is part of the Walkera set. (also on our Resources TAB) Only change settings recommended by Walkera in the FW update notes, nothing else.

Do not
    change any settings or run utilities from Cleanflight. It can only be used to backup and restore settings and load FW.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 13ruce

13ruce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    yeah thats where i think i created the problem . so my corrupted fc is buggered or can it be fixed . i get the runner in at weekend . the pids are just the default ones i havnt loaded or changed anything since first crash . i think i was in here when it happened .
    pretty sad that im trolling the net looking for fixs for my new obsession on new years eve lol . the life of a 40 year old father of three is pretty wild :)