Rodeo 150 bricked and won't reset.

Discussion in 'Walkera Rodeo 150' started by Okinawa4k, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Okinawa4k

Okinawa4k New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I went to update my firmware through cleanflight and it bricked the controller. The reason I tried to update the firmware was because my drone would not connect to cleanflight and I kept getting errors. I downloaded and installed a recommended update and that's where my problem started. Now after installing that update it bricked my flight controller and I keep getting an error saying that the bootloader can't be located or they can't communicate with the bootloader. I've went through the steps of taking out the flight controller and trying to short the board but that didn't work either. It's kind of scary that there's firmware out there that can permanently wreck your board. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +540 / 15
    If it would not connect to cleanflight how did you load the wrong FW?

3. Okinawa4k

Okinawa4k New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yes it wouldn't connect when I went to press the button for it to find the Drone but it recognized the Drone when it came to flashing new software. Don't ask me even I'm still trying to figure out this craziness. Anyways I sent it back to the vendor to be swapped.

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +540 / 15
    Ok don't even try to connect to Cleanflight when the new one arrives. Unless you know exactly what you are doing you will brick the FC.

5. Okinawa4k

Okinawa4k New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yeah I don't even plan on connecting it to that crap anymore . I ended up finding out that for some reason Walkera made the rodeo incompatible with cleanflight and a lot of the other applications like them. I've watched other videos where people connect their drone to cleanflight and it automatically recognizes it and connects with no problem. Whatever the hell they did it's completely blocked from connecting now.

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +540 / 15
    Thats not actually the case.

What all the videos on how to's tips and tricks etc fail to advise is that it worked for them with the versions that they were using at the time the video was posted.

You can only use Cleanflight 1.2.0 as Walkera do not keep updating the FW on older drones to support new releases of Cleanflight versions. Later versions of cleanflight will not work. version 1.2.0 is available here. But again you must know what you are doing.

It's like loading Windows 10 drivers on Windows XP. Not going to work.

See this in our resource section.

SW:CleanFlight version 1.2.0 F210, F150, F110 Compatible English

Cheers.