Rodeo 150 Bind Issue and VTX overheat.

Discussion in 'Walkera Rodeo 150' started by Dominic Fox, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Dominic Fox

Dominic Fox New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

I recently purchased a brand new Rodeo 150, I have other Walkera racers but first experience of this one.

I can’t be sure the drone is binding as not seeing any red led light up, I’m getting the beep beep and a solid large white light under camera but that’s it.

The red light under the code switch rubber cover is solid red and never seen it blink.

my issue is that I’m then not able to unlock by pulling throttle down to left hand side on Mode 2 (left sided throttle)

In addition, during my first attempt to check motors (unsuccessful) I didn’t notice I hadn’t connected VTX antenna which now overheats quite quickly in additional attempts, could I have caused any damage?

many thx for any advice and happy flying, personally hoping wind dies down a little, to be able to get out soon

Dominic

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +569 / 16
    HI,

You VTX is destroyed. They cannot be powered up without a load antenna.

How did you program your Devo Radio TX?

If you copied an other model with Fixed ID to a new memory slot it will not bind.

Check your TX for fixed ID.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers

3. Dominic Fox

Dominic Fox New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Brian

I didnt program this Devo it was supplied by factory with Rodeo

Havent fully checked the fixed ID yet but soon as i saw note on VTX ive checked that and its connecting to fatshark predators so think i got lucky.

I was concerned id burnt out VTX and caused control board damage when it wouldnt bind. I guess I must have made a change or model edit thats affected original bind.

Another question, Ive lots of Devo 7 and one 7E now, which is considered better? I ask as I may need to cut down on some of these Tx's i seem to accumulate from off market/second hand buys

Also are Devo models compatible with any particular 4:1 modules for other branded Tx's? I have a Taranis and a Flysky NV14 Nirvana id like to try some of my Walkera quads on

Cheers

4. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +569 / 16
    OK Its hard to tell if it's bound or not. Activating the motors is the best sign.

Was this a new purchase or second hand. If second hand the previous owner may have tried to update FW.

It may be binding but not activating the motors. Check that all the digital trims are in the centre. If the trims are used it will disallow the motor start in some cases.

If the trims are all centred try doing a stick calibration in the System menu.

4 in one modules will allow you to talk to various RXs. But you must have the correct protocol enabled on the TX with the 4 in 1.

If the documentation says it specifically supports Devention protocol it should work on all Walkera drones and Helicopters.

The Devo 7 is a better quality radio but the 7E has more features. So it's about if you what those features.

You can on most Walkera models use a external RX that supports PPM. You need to check the documentation on your Drone for more detail on this capability.

If you have messed up the drone config you need to program from the quick start guide. Select a new model slot to try this.

I could send you a Devo 7 config file for your drone but the Devo 7 requires a Up02 tool to allow connection via its PPM trainer port.

Have you connected the drone to your PC at any time? Let me know if you have. It's easy to brick the FC if you have.

Cheers