rodeo 110 wont bind to devo 7

Discussion in 'Walkera Help!' started by greywolf_, Jan 30, 2017.

1. greywolf_

greywolf_ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will start off by saying I am totally new to this hobby and I want to thank you in advance for the help. I purchased a rtf 110 and radio and everything worked just fine out of the box. yesterday I wanted to look at the settings so i hooked up to cleanflight and to my knowledge did not change anything. however now i can not bind the 110 to my devo 7. or at least nothing works. I made the mistake of erasing all the settings from the devo 7. I looked up some info on how to rebind everything and attempted that. I believed i had it bound but when i turn on the drone and the radio the light on the drone goes from blinking to solid but the drone keeps beeping like it hasn't bound. as soon as i shut the radio off the light starts blinking again. when i check on clean flight it looks like there is no communication between the drone and radio. there is just one red line showing a signal but radio input does not change anything. i dont believe the board is cooked because I can still controlle the motors with clean flight. any help would be greatly appreciated. its nice today finally and id love to be up and flying again!

2. maxi1906

maxi1906 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    What version of cleanflight are you running?

3. greywolf_

greywolf_ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sorry for the late reply, had a family emergency. it was version 1.2.4, I have figured out how to bind the drone but I lost all the original settings for the radio and the drone so now its seams to go full throttle almost immediately after the slightest throttle movement and it just flips over. if anyone has the original setup for the radio and original settings displayed in cleanflight I would be grateful for them

4. maxi1906

maxi1906 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    I don't know too much about the 110's but I think it is best if you use cleanflight v.1.2.0. You can download it from the resource tab. There should be a rodeo 110 original settings file uploaded to the resource tab shortly. Same with the devo 7 config as well maybe. Until then, I hope everything goes well for you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. greywolf_

greywolf_ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I found a record of the settings that someone had posted after looking at them in version 1.2.4. Im now able to fly in full acro but still dont know how to set up horizon or self level modes. being a noob id like to have them in case I get into trouble in acro! I do now have version 1.2.0 also. I really appreciate the help. Thank you very much!

6. Mitchie

Mitchie Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    When in doubt, YouTube is your friend. Just type clean flight and start learning!

7. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 15
    Its OK to learn about Cleanflight. But just don't apply that to any Walkera model. Its not compatible with Walkera flight Controllers.

If you want to learn Cleanflight and Adjust settings buy a generic drone kit.

8. maxi1906

maxi1906 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    It's best to learn in acro, it doesn't matter if you are a new to the hobby. Flying in horizon mode will make you develop bad habits. If you are worried about breaking your drone, get a sim.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  9. jlear8

jlear8 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hiya peeps. I tried Youtube and all it did was brick my quad. I tried Betaflight and Cleanflight on the suggested settings, followed all of the prompts then the apps went straight onto cli mode. Now my controller won't work with my 110. The main reason why I tried this was because my quad was stuck on horizon mode. The Mixer switch wasn't changing the flight modes. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Please explain it to me like I am in pre School because I don't understand technical talk lol

10. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 15
    If the mixer switch was not working most likely you didn't set up the radio correctly. has nothing to do with the FW or Cleanflight Beta flight settings.

Go to our resources section and download the Cleanflight 1.2.0 version and then download the Cleanflight FW and settings from there as well.

Youtube is full of wonderful ways of bricking your Walkera models. Don't blindly follow youtube videos.

Cheers Brian