Rodeo 110 not binding after loading firmware

Discussion in 'Walkera Rodeo 110' started by chartz, Jun 11, 2017.

1. chartz

chartz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I followed the video on youtube about loading walkera's firmware after rodeo 110 has been bricked (I think)
    when I go into cleanflight or betaflight it says " warning betaflight firmware is not supported and both CF and BF only give me the CLI option on the left menu. I type in version and it says "BetaFlight/SPRACINGF3 0.3.3 Sep 12,2016. what do I need to do can someone Please help. Will not bind or anything

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    Search the forum. many people do this. Instructions are imbedded in many threads.

You have to load the correct Cleanflight FW version from our Resources section and Cleanflight version 1.2.0 from there as well.

Dont forget to load the text settings file associated with the FW package.

Then stop watching videos on Youtube most end up bricking your FC as the are mostly wrong in their descriptions and processes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. chartz

chartz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks bjr981s I read one of your post about walkera labeling CL and BF firmware files. So I rename CL firmware to BF and visa versa. I loaded the firmware file in BetaFlight which was labeled CF and took the screw driver and shorted the two solder points to set in boot mode than I hit the flash firmware button and wal la got all the menu selections. Now how am I to load the text file like you mentioned. Sorry I am a newbie learning this drone stuff and I know you were at this point at one time too lol. Thanks for taking the time to help
    chartz

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    I dont know if there is a text file attached to the Betaflight FW download I would assume so.

I have only been using Cleanflight. I haven't found a reason to go to Betaflight yet.

The ability to load a configuration default settings file from a "TXT" file would be in the Betaflight software. I don't know where as I haven't used it yet.

Cleanflight vs Betaflight is like Ford Vs Chevi Some prefer one others the other. Personal taste seems to drive the choice.

Cheers And Good Luck.

Brian

5. chartz

chartz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok I have both CleanFlight and Betaflight you did not answer my question "How do I load the text file?"
    in CleanFlight then?

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +411 / 13
    CF.png

• Like Like x 1