Rodeo 110 motor mod?

Discussion in 'Walkera Rodeo 110' started by Clifford M, Jan 4, 2021.

1. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    What does the LiPo checker say before and after you try to takeoff?

After you check the battery hold the drone from beneath, arm and up the throttle to start the motors only.

2. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    Forget all that I must be going blind. The motors and props are not correct.

The blades have to turn in to the body in the direction of Travel. Once you get the props on correctly check that they spin in the correct direction. Change any 2 wires on the Motor - ESC connection to reverse the motor.

The blades on opposite corners need to spin in the same direction.

Use my 110 as a model.

IMG_3517.jpeg

3. Clifford M

Clifford M Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    16102091736492346588768309998865.jpg
    Thank you so much yes I followed your instructions and redid the motors and followed your diagram and that's exactly what it was the motors weren't done exactly the way they needed to be and the propellers weren't on what they need to be on they need to be switched and when I fired it up it was on acro mode so I need to do a little bit more tuning and maybe I need to update the firmware I like to do a little bit more to it than what needs to be done but these little 1103s are wicked, and the Gemfan 2.5 inch blades are another alternative for it I didn't think that it would actually work I thought I would have to get another set of 1104s or go with basically stock props and stock motors but this is another alternative in case somebody blows motors out and can't afford it. I do look forward to when I do get it properly tuned and can get a good flight video to post on YouTube I'll probably will post a really nice video of it thank you so much for your help.

4. Clifford M

Clifford M Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any ideas? I think I need a major tune up.

5. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    So its doing the same thing again?

Do not try and change the FW. Walkera FCs are proprietary and you will brick the FC if you change to non Walkera FW.

So was it flying OK after after switching the motors and blades?

You can only change the PIDS in the tune. Nothing else or it will become erratic.

6. Clifford M

Clifford M Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah that's what thought. I bought it used it wasn't new so somebody was in there tinkering with it that didn't know what they were doing. I wish I knew what the stock settings were for the pids though. I know on the one auction I have there's three different settings and one of them is acro.how they did that I don't know I don't even think the 110 was supposed to have acro. I don't even have the proper GCS to even tune it anyway.

7. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    Everything below will assist you in going to the original configuration for the 110 using Cleanflight.

Cleanflight can only be used for Installing Walkera supplied FW and loading the Parameter file included with the FW update. Any other action will be unpredictable.

Also the current version of Cleanflight will corrupt the FW and Settings.

You must use the version we have in our resources section should you wish to update the FW. Also in our resources section.

SW:CleanFlight version 1.2.0 F210, F150, F110 Compatible English

FW: F110 Original Manufacture FW and Settings

manual-f110-quick-start-guide.45

Cheers Brian

8. Clifford M

Clifford M Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks I'll try this and after that make another video and show results.Might take a couple of days.

9. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    No problem, take your time, i'm not going anywhere:)

Come back after you try it all again.

10. Clifford M

Clifford M Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well the version of clean plate is harder than I thought putting that on the computer. What is the repo file that I have to clone I do have a 2.5.0 version of clean flight. I know that don't work for what I need it for. Will the updated version mess around with the too bad they don't have an executable for the older version. But I might need a little bit further help on trying to figure out how I can get this older version to work. And I really don't like libre pilot either.