Rodeo 110 Mods: Frsky XSR on Sbus, OSD, Run Cam Owl, BetaFlight 3.15

Discussion in 'Walkera Rodeo 110' started by nofate, Apr 3, 2017.

1. nofate

nofate New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hello everyone, I am fairly new to hobby (I've flown R/C for years but picked up a F210 3d a few months back as my first Drone) and picked up a Rodeo 110. Flew it for a bit stock, feels just like a miniature version of the F210, very impressive, but I really wanted to have and OSD with RSSI, Current, & Voltage. Nothing drives me nuts more then the thought of going out of range. It was one heck of challenge stuffing all of this into the little 110 but after about a day and half of work and learning a lot as I went, I got it done! Below are so pics the parts used. Ill have to say I am very impressed with the owl cam so far, night flying is reality now =) and I am love with the OSD, sooooo nice knowing your signal strength and how much pack you have left. Ill be happy to answer any questions if anyone wishes to do this to their 110.

Below in the pics you can see the micro OSD, Camera, Voltage regulator for the Camera (it uses 3.3v), the Current sensor sandwiched between the frame and body, & receiver.

OSD: Minim Micro
    Current sensor: TBS Core Pro
    Receiver: FrSky XSR (Sbus)
    Camera: Run Cam Owl (no case version)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Crzyf

Crzyf Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How is the Run cam for daylight ? Have u posted any flight video. Awesome job !

3. mjscalexander

mjscalexander New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can you provide a tutorial for the OSD because I'm interested in doing it as well

4. nofate

nofate New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks and so far it is excellent during the day. The only thing I have noticed is the colors are little....different. hard to explain, I plan on getting some video and posting it up soon. I need a decent DVR that doesnt freakout like my current one does during low-light levels and induces a ton of noise from the compression. Will come up with a solution soon and post up some day and night videos.

5. nofate

nofate New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The OSD is quite the challenge, I still need to figure out how to tap into the flight controller (just need to know the Tx and Rx pins on it) As it is right now it shows RSSI, current, volts, Timer but I would love to tap into the flight controller to be able to tweak the PIDs from the HUD instead of connecting to the PC. I just dont have the time right now to write an entire guide but if have any direct questions Ill be happy to help.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +456 / 14
    The FC will output in Walkera Speak if at all. Not FrSky Smartport Speak.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nofate

nofate New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Don't need it for that, just need one of the Uarts tx & rx location so I can solder it up to the Minim Micro OSD to allow PID programming from the OSD menu and blackbox/artificial horizon, etc. Its in the STM32 processor family so I should be able to find the pin-out on it and go from their. Heck it might even be the exact same processor as the Rodeo 150 in which Mr Rcam has a extensive write-up on connecting up the OSD to. Ive just been to busy to take a look at it deeper but I know it can be done.

8. Crzyf

Crzyf Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, can you please give some details about installing the Run Cam. Thanks !

9. nofate

nofate New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Sure, ill take some pics off so you can see what I did and post them up in the next day or so.

10. nofate

nofate New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Here is a little video with some night flying & a crash. (it survived). Might want to turn your sound down before playing, sounds like a bad ground in the audio.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1