Rodeo 110 Flips on takeoff

Discussion in 'Walkera Rodeo 110' started by Gonzo99, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Gonzo99

Gonzo99 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I got the 110 a few about a month ago a week after flying in I crashed it into the side of a brick wall. I figured out I had broken the esc and furthermore the motor. I ordered the parts and assembled them onto the 110. I am now having the issue where when I bring the trottle up the drone will not lift. Increasing the power makes the drone flip to the left side. Ive checked soldering points and all the colors are going to their corresponding points on the esc. Ive tried calibrating the esc's on cleanflight 1.2.0 and have had no better result. I have also loaded the default factory settings in cleanflight with same flipping over result. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Its very frustrating and I just would like to get my 110 flying again. Thanks

2. OptimaZe

OptimaZe Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Are you sure that you have the props on right? When viewed from behind, the front left, and right rear motors should have clockwise rotating props. The other two will be counterclockwise rotation. It sounds to me like you might have accidentally put a prop or two in the wrong location.

3. Gonzo99

Gonzo99 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The rodeo 110 props work both clockwise and counterclockwise if im correct. I'll check it out though.

4. OptimaZe

OptimaZe Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    No, it doesn't work like that. You need to have the props in the correct orientation. If you look closely at the props you will see direction indicators on them. The highest edge of the prop is the leading edge. You should have them positioned on the motors so that they are rotating like this image shows.

[​IMG]

5. Gonzo99

Gonzo99 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Wow I feel dumb now lol I couldn't tell those were arrows on the props. I'll have to wait to get a new motor in because I ruined my last one by cutting the wires short. Hopefully that resolves the issue. Thank you!

6. OptimaZe

OptimaZe Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Happy to help. No need to feel dumb, we have all made mistakes at some point. In this hobby, the learning never ends. Happy flying!

7. Gonzo99

Gonzo99 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just an update. I have the drone flying now! Thanks for the help!

• Like Like x 1
  8. OptimaZe

OptimaZe Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Glad to hear it! Have fun!