Retract problem with 1 skid

Discussion in 'Walkera TALI H500' started by cirymarr, Jun 26, 2015.

1. cirymarr

cirymarr New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi

I bought my TALI H500 2 months ago, and up until recently, have had no problems with it. However, a month ago, when using fly home mode, only one of the landing skids retracted - the other stayed in the up position.

To ascertain the cause of the problem, I swapped the skids around, and the operational skid (which was on the left), worked fine on the right hand side, indicating a problem with the "worm servo" on the non functioning skid.

I ordered a new worm servo online and it arrived yesterday. I installed it, and when binding to the Devo F12 remote, (whilst the unit was upside down), both skids moved to the "up" position - I assumed everything was ok.

However, when I flicked the switch on the DEVO to move the skids to the down position, only the original skid moved down. Once again, I swapped the skids around, and it now appears the new worm servo has stopped working, after only having been just installed.

When I removed the new skid, I noticed there was a bit of heat at the end of the worm servo.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem, and any suggesitons on how to fix this? I am hesitant to order another new worm servo as I fear there is something else causing the issue. I just hope this can be rectified, as I currently have to prop the "up" skid on 2 tin cans, before take off! Not ideal.

2. cirymarr

cirymarr New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi Chris

Yes, I worked out what my problem was. Using the above method, I inadvertently burned out the new worm servo, as, when I installed the new worm servo, it was in the opposite position to the working one (eg 1 servo in UP position, newly installed servo in down position).

I ordered another worm servo. As far as I can remember, the new worm servos, when slotted in, are by default in the "down position". You must therefore ensure that the working skid/servo is in the down position when replacing servos.

1. Ensure working servo is in down position
    2. Power off TALI
    3. Replace dead worm servo with new one
    4. Power back on

Hope this helps.