Remove Date stamp on iLook+?

Discussion in 'Walkera Cameras/Videos' started by Kristjan, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Kristjan

Kristjan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    OK I must be missing something obvious here but how do you remove the date stamp on all the videos on the iLook+? There is a date 2015/1/1 stamped in the left corner. This makes all video recorded unusable.

2. Kristjan

Kristjan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ok I managed to find the answer myself.

Here is how to remove the time stamp from iLook+ HD if anyone has the same problem:

The manual says you can download the "Codisk DV" software. This software doesn't exist longer under this name and seems to have been renamed to "MelifeCam-M". However this app crashes a lot and basically unusable. There is however another app by the same software developer under the name "iSport Cam" which seems to be newer and slightly better and works for the iLook+. Althought this is one of the worst looking app I have ever seen. Install that app on your phone.

Here is the app on Google Play: iSport Cam - Android Apps on Google Play

You need to turn on the camera and press the Wifi button on the camera. Connect to the wireless network "WiFi-Cam-000". Start the app "iSport Cam" and go to settings and from there you can turn off the Date stamp. After this you can turn off Wifi. When you connect to the camera with the app it automatically updates the time in the camera so at least the timestamp is correct if you actually want to use it.

The problem is that you have to do this everytime you power on the camera, which is a major nusance. The settings don't stick between power off. So if you are thinking about buying the iLook+ HD I would not recommend it, this camera is just a complete mess, although the quality of recordings are pretty good considering the price. I contacted Walkera support and basically their answer was just "Tough luck, we don't really care".

This could be fixed with a new firmware but considering this is Walkera I don't have very high hopes.