Recommend good replacement camera for my F210

Discussion in 'Walkera F210' started by RBHamric, Sep 25, 2016.

1. RBHamric

RBHamric New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am learning FVP racing and I find it difficult to do that with a flickering image in my Goggles. Also, my current (stock camera) has stopped working so I am looking to replace the transmitter, camera and antenna on the F210. Please recommend a thread or options (FatShark Camera? after all I have Fatshark Goggles).

2. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +455 / 14
    Fatshark Goggles are not compatible with Walkera if you don't have the Betaband RX in the Goggles. Thats your problem I would think.

Cheers

3. RBHamric

RBHamric New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I do have the Betaband Rx in the Fat Shark goggles. It was working (albeit not excellent) until I crashed. As my original post stated, the image flickers too much for me to learn on this thing comfortably. Since I need to replace the camera and transmitter anyway, I feel like there may be a better image quality that would strive for that will be 1)be less annoying and 2) help me learn faster...because I could see better. Its hard to learn when you are disoriented about the surroundings. Im looking for recommendations of the the best stable image quality replacement transmitter and camera for this drone.

4. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +455 / 14
    Also the F210 uses a LHCP antenna the Fatshark is RHCP. That will cause image break up.

I think you would be pushing it to get something that is going to work better.

The other thing is this is not the right model to learn to fly FPV.

Also are you on the correct channel. That would be Band B channel 1 on the Fatshark's.

Cheers

5. RBHamric

RBHamric New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for your help but so far I have no solutions. Perhaps there is a racing drone that woudl pair nicely with my Fat Shark goggles that you would recommend? Again thank you for your help but these are not solutions. So far you are just telling me what will not work and why what I was already using didnt work great. Nor are you helping me solve the problem. Can you offer some suggestions or a drone that might work? Im looking for either parts to get this F210 working well with my FatShark Dominator V3 goggles or a recommendation for a different drone, please. Thanks!!!

6. bjr981s

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +455 / 14
    You are not paying attention.

The Fatsharks and the F210 FPV will work fine if you match all the Video transmission parts.

Either swap the Antenna on the F210 for a RHCP antenna or swap the antenna on the Goggles.

There is nothing wrong with the camera. Its the Video transmission path.

The reason I say that this is the wrong drone to learn to fly FPV is that it is a racing drone. It is fast and aerobatic. You need something slow and stable with Altitude hold to learn to fly FPV. It is quite disorientating.

The F210 will cost a fortune in repairs. You will crash many times learning. Thats why I suggested something else.

This is what I recommend to beginners for FPV. Use this and repair the f210 with the correct compatible parts.

WLtoys V666N 5.8G FPV Barometer Set High RC Quadcopter with HD Monitor

7. RBHamric

RBHamric New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have had this drone (and several others) for several months and I have flown it quite a bit. I know how to fly FPV. I was able to fly it, albeit disorientingly, prior to a crash. Now its not working (everything is fine but the camera transmission) so I need new parts.

8. RBHamric

RBHamric New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For instance, I have a Phantom 4... it doesnt get more stable than that... and slow and safe if you want it to be, or in ATTI mode, quite fast . I also have a couple of other consumer friendly drones that I fly frequently. I want to now get my F210 up to the best image quality that I can so I can get better at this...As you know, you cant be very competitive if you cant see what your are doing.

9. RBHamric

RBHamric New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ...and Ive already spent a fortune in repairs to my F210... LOL!

10. RBHamric

RBHamric New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Interesting that you mention that about the antenna... I had actually done that very thing - switched out the antenna on the F210 to match the antenna on the FatSharks. It does not work.