Question on New 110 Drifting forward

Discussion in 'Walkera Rodeo 110' started by StoneDef, Jan 13, 2017.

1. PowerScissor

PowerScissor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was hard to type much on my phone earlier, so now that I'm at a computer let me explain in case it helps anyone else. My drift was NOT while yawing...it was AFTER yawing. It has nothing to do with unintentionally adding any other command other than the one intended. It was most noticeable with YAW, but also with Elevator. After a YAW, and then a 100% release of ALL STICKS, sometimes it would continue to YAW ever so slightly in that direction in perpetuity until another command was executed. So after releasing a LEFT YAW it would sometimes continue to YAW left very very slightly. After a RIGHT roll it would continue to roll RIGHT or sometimes LEFT very very slighty...but it adds up over several seconds. In the receiver tab of Betaflight I noticed that after moving sticks, especially yaw...and then letting go completely (Not releasing and letting it bounce, but a slow controlled release back to center). Instead of returning to 1500 (center) they would be 5-12 off. So thought it was old gimbals finally wearing out. After connecting about 6 other quads and checking the receiver tab I could not reproduce this...they all returned to 1500 plus or minus about 3, so gimbals were fine. So I increased the deadband for everything just on this one quad and it solved any drifting after returning to zero.

What you're describing is drift during a maneuver, which wasn't my case, but easily could be for others...so it's good to keep in mind also. The only thing I can think of is that the receiver has an issue in interpreting the values on those 2 channels, or is getting some interference or something...but it's 100% gone after the deadband workaround. I even tried 2 other Devo7 transmitters I have laying around and they had the same problem...so I ruled out the Devo7 and it's gimbals completely.

Hope that clears it up...it's not always easy to get an idea across completely when typing on a phone.

2. Songokuu

Songokuu New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im not sure if this is right thread but maybe someone could help me setup indoor mode in CF. Also i would like to have it assigned to one of the AUX's. When 0 all default and one 1 "indoor mode" i wont even fly it indoor. i just still learn flying and place where i fly is not that big so i would like to have is fly slower till i have better skill. its a lot of work to setup it?

3. bjr981s

bjr981s Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    If this is the case then recalibrate the sticks in the System menu.

4. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    No such thing and never experiment with Cleanflight settings.

To do what you want you use dual rates on the radio transmitter. Read the TX manual.

5. Shilly

Shilly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Screenshot_20190117-233515_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20190117-233508_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Brian pal do you think this would solve it ,ie drift mostly left out of the box ??

6. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    Posted in other thread. Try adjusting the position in your 110. i.e. manual mechanical calibration.

I have one that drifts left and one that drifts forward. Also try to start the flight on a spirit level calibrated surface. It does a Gyro Accelerometer calibration at power up.

7. Shilly

Shilly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi bri thank for the reply . Do you mean trim when you say manual mechanical calibration ?. I'm I bit confused thanks Alan. O I have been looking at a new giro board again not sure. I think I'd said I have another rodeo 110 which a got second hand it's on betaflight. I have not touch anything on it as I am waiting for a laptop in a couple of weeks. And I will not touch anything on the second hand one as it flys lovely. No drift. I have not flown acro as I am waiting for better weather in the UK. Thanks again sorry it's so long lol . Alan

8. Shilly

Shilly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    O and yes tried adjusting everything trim and battery .I am going to try the trim in the devo7 settings . But when I adjust the trim on the devo7 not in the settings it goes ok for about 10 -20 seconds and then starts again . So frustrating when your a beginner on race drone ,ie one with no GPS

9. bjr981s

Ratings:
    +567 / 16
    I have the same issue. You need to physically adjust the IMU for level. Also you need to power up and bind on a level surface.

Using calibration in Cleanflight or Betaflight will only work for the 10 to 20 seconds. then it goes back to drifting.

Same using trim on the radio.

10. Shilly

Shilly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So yes I tried sub trim on transmitter, no lu k . And I do bind on a level ground and it drifts sooner or later. When you say the IMU do you mean the giro board on the foam or what ever it is. Thanks Alan